Having a family?!

Hello so I have been appealing my medical for 3 years and was meant to go to Winchester in January I got pushed back to may to go to pirbright and I’m excited to finally leave.
HOWEVER, my mother struggled immensely to have me and I’m an only child and not have siblings is one thing I always hated about being a child
I want to settle down with my current partner once I finished my phase 3 (hcav) and eventually apply for married quarters or my own place outside of army’s organisation
But I just wondering if any other women have become pregnant during service or earlier service once getting to regiment, I want to initially pass all my tests and get settlef
Into my new role however all I ever wanted is my own family and it’s got me really depressed currently because all
I want is to be pregnant and start a family even more than go in army currently.

if anyone has been through this and have there baby during service if you had any advice or jist
Could tell me how it goes and your story would be amazing I searched all over YouTube and google and asked loads of people but seems no one has atm. It’s putting me off going incase it will be too much hassle..
I’m baby crazy and really good with babies I have no worries about being pregnant
Or having the baby, I doubt I would get depressed as it’s all i want and I’m really confident with them I trust my bf to be full time when I went back to work as he has a baby girl currently and is amazing with her
Anyone please help!!! Suggestions?!!!

I know lots of people
Who have family’s in the army however it’s not often it’s the women in that job aha and yes I have they ha w recenrly built new ones in bulford for roles such as hcav which I am going, nothing to say i need to live there but could get my
Own place

The_Poltroon

Old-Salt
Why would you want to join a poorly paid organisation and have kids when you could technically be posted anywhere in the world at short notice or spend your days living alone with a small child in some dismal married quarter far away from your family whilst your husband is sent off to the Falklands, Kenya or some other uninspiring place leaving you to do the entire parenting thing alone?

Hello so I have been appealing my medical for 3 years and was meant to go to Winchester in January I got pushed back to may to go to pirbright and I’m excited to finally leave.
HOWEVER, my mother struggled immensely to have me and I’m an only child and not have siblings is one thing I always hated about being a child
I want to settle down with my current partner once I finished my phase 3 (hcav) and eventually apply for married quarters or my own place outside of army’s organisation
But I just wondering if any other women have become pregnant during service or earlier service once getting to regiment, I want to initially pass all my tests and get settlef
Into my new role however all I ever wanted is my own family and it’s got me really depressed currently because all
I want is to be pregnant and start a family even more than go in army currently.

if anyone has been through this and have there baby during service if you had any advice or jist
Could tell me how it goes and your story would be amazing I searched all over YouTube and google and asked loads of people but seems no one has atm. It’s putting me off going incase it will be too much hassle..
I’m baby crazy and really good with babies I have no worries about being pregnant
Or having the baby, I doubt I would get depressed as it’s all i want and I’m really confident with them I trust my bf to be full time when I went back to work as he has a baby girl currently and is amazing with her
Anyone please help!!! Suggestions?!!!
Have you considered joining the Army Reserve. It will be a lot easier to fit in with having a young child. Its generally every other weekends and a two week training camp a year.

Trying to get my head around joining the army as a woman and wanting to have kids.

The two are NOT compatible.

Not sexist, commonsense.

If your user name is an abbreviation of your actually name you might want to change it. There will only be so many females going through the ATC when you stated and putting it out there on the internet you’re depressed might come back to bite you.

So you want to join the the Army and get pregnant ASAP?
Are you joining for the married quarter?
While you on are on maternity leave other people will have to cover your job.
You still still be sent away, kid or no kid, if not people may resent you.
My thought is have children and join the AR

What Ex REME Tech says. If you get pregnant as soon as you reach H/Cav in Bulford and move into MQ's you will be on light duties, miss ongoing training. Other soldiers will resent it both men and women. As the regiment is mainly men you will invoke all the steroetypes some men have of women in the army. If you want a child, put the army on hold, join the AR when you get back to full fitnesses. Get your support system in place. Do short attachements to the regular army if possible. See how you like the army life. You may find that you don't like being away from your child even for short periods. You can find that you get rather fond of the little blighters.

chimera

LE
What does your "current partner" think about this idea? Are you intending him to be the father?

Willl he be completely involved in bringing up the child -he clearly already has at least one other,so is that going to live with you as well?

Being a single mother/lone parent of a young child whilst still serving is not easy. If you are only joining just so that you can "settle down" and have a cheap house given to you then think again.

Last edited:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
So you want to join the the Army and get pregnant ASAP?
Are you joining for the married quarter?
While you on are on maternity leave other people will have to cover your job.
You still still be sent away, kid or no kid, if not people may resent you.
My thought is have children and join the AR

we had women leave ATR Winchester and turn up at phase two demanding 'where is my house, I'm pregnant'

I also worked with two (female) single parents in the same unit. One went on tour (4 months in Angola) as her family support and personal admin was squared away. The other was incapable of doing a guard duty as inevitably the kid would be 'ill' and she'd have to go home, but she was able to spent weeks away on a driving course (at the other end of the country)

some can manage it, some can't.

and don't forget this surprise we got on tour.

Dwarf

LE
The word is priority. Will you put the Army first or your children?
Sure as eggs are eggs at some point the army will require you to put them first.
It may be a simple thing like guard duty or going on a course, or you may have to go to war. How would you feel in each of these cases?
If the answer is in the negative you have two choices; one is to put off having children for a few years till your career is established, you know how the army works and can decide about if it is the right place to be a parent. Or you can decide not to continue and join the AR.

Your initial post screams babies above everything so that might answer your question.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
This! Bin joining the Army and just settle on having the kids. If what you said above is true, you'll put the Army second to having a family which is just what the Army needs. As others have said, join the AR, you can revolve a family around that a lot easier.

Why would you want to join a poorly paid organisation and have kids when you could technically be posted anywhere in the world at short notice or spend your days living alone with a small child in some dismal married quarter far away from your family whilst your husband is sent off to the Falklands, Kenya or some other uninspiring place leaving you to do the entire parenting thing alone?
It wouldn’t be me left to parent alone tho as I’d be the one I. Armt? Havent you read it

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
It wouldn’t be me left to parent alone tho as I’d be the one I. Armt? Havent you read it

Could you be so terribly kind as to run that into a recognisable form of English?

At school? I’m nearly 20
Which amply points to the probability your Common Sense filter is somewhat dormant, work in (slow) progress, your life experiences are a yard wide and 1" deep, your perceptions in priorities are, relative to seasoned adults, fogged chaos.
Grow the F up over the next ten years before you get yourself inseminated.
So far as I can tell, from stories from my lad, young relationships in Service go Pete Tong pronto-ish.
Do try to avoid being yet another Welfare sponsored leach who people like me have to pay for, and have a serious mirror conversation with yourself as, in all probability, you perfect the other current global pandemic of FartBook pre-selfie wedge eyebrows & pout perfection.

That's me being nice by the way.

Jesus H Kerrist on a ferkin' bike.

Last edited: