Having a BBQ this weekend? Well, be careful.....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Jul 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Riot police raid 30th barbecue because man used Facebook to invite his friends

"Riot police raided a 30th birthday barbecue because they thought the organiser, who had invited his friends via Facebook, was staging a rave.
    Four police cars, a riot van and a helicopter moved in on Andrew Poole's gathering which was taking place in a field owned by a friend.
    The coach driver had invited 17 guests to an 'event' on his social networking page by private invitation and was about to light the barbecue when the gazebo suddenly started flapping wildly and the sound of chopper blades filled the air."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200310/Police-raid-30th-birthday-barbecue-man-used-Facebook-invite-friends.html

2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

If it was in the Daily Hate - then I am outraged.

Tickets please - all aboard the Outrage Bus - we must see your tickets before get on. :roll:

3. 'The police had full-on camouflage trousers on and body-armour....'

They did?

Anyway it looked like a bloody miserable shindig - probably the best thing that could have happened for all concerned.

4. Due to an excess of Outrage, The Bus is only available for thing that really matter.

However, the fleet of Heavy Sigh at Yet More Stupidity bendy buses has been enlarged and boarding is free.

5. I also believe the 'massive over-reaction' bus is free!

6. That's even more mind-blowingly stupid. More to the point, when did the police get the power to demand that you take a drugs test other than in connection with driving?

7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

9. Plod is absolutely useless, "wee were just following procedure", that strikes me as a bit of "Nuremburgitis",... "We just obeyed orders", yeah right on Plod.

i wouldn,t urine on a copper if he was on fire, useless tossers.

10. I was fully expecting them to turn up to a party I was at last night. Bonfire, loud music, pig roasting on a spit.

They'd have had everyone down to DEFRA and the FSA involved.....

Your private business is no longer your private business.

11. Yeah right, tossers all of 'em, until you need one that is. :roll:

in case an explanation is needed, I am being sarcastic.

12. I used to think that until I really needed them. After I was fcuked off by the bloke on the phone because he didn't like my attitude ( I was about to be assaulted by two blokes, I had my back to the wall and would have had a slight degree of urgency to my tone :roll: ) and subsequent attempts to flag down passing "patrol" (ha!) cars failed whilst standing bleeding by the side of the road I rather came to the same conclusion myself.

I found the police helpful and efficient once but that was very much the exception that proved the rule.