• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Have you seen the Walt in the Sun today

Just been reading the Financial Sun today on page 29 the "news" is about a stag party being "ambushed" by the SAS crap storey but great pic of a Walt that the Sun is claiming to be a photo of a SAS soldier looks like Full Colonels are now being deployed in the field

Web Page Name the sun

edited for spelling

B

Biscuits_AB

...and is that a genuine Brigadier's rank slide and fromer Eastern Block Army furry hat?

(Cutaway...........is that your back garden?)

"genuine SAS/Para/Marine" I could tell you although I don't like to talk about it, but I think you'll find it's to stop you getting paint in your hair when yer painting the boathouse...

And with an E-II-R on his rank slide he's an Airgun Attache.....

The Scum - we support our Boys even though we haven't got a bloody clue about the military.

cpunk

LE
I once accidentally ambushed some ACF cadets who had got lost on a training area and come into our bit. I was unsighted when the ambush was initiated by one of my blerks, but we expended a considerable quantity of blanks, thunderflashes and Schermuly's and really only stopped when we heard them crying. Our excuse was that it was pretty dark and we couldn't tell the difference between their adult instructor's clapped out civvy Landrover and the clapped out military Landrover we were expecting. Ooops.

I once accidentally ambushed some ACF cadets who had got lost on a training area and come into our bit. I was unsighted when the ambush was initiated by one of my blerks, but we expended a considerable quantity of blanks, thunderflashes and Schermuly's and really only stopped when we heard them crying. Our excuse was that it was pretty dark and we couldn't tell the difference between their adult instructor's clapped out civvy Landrover and the clapped out military Landrover we were expecting. Ooops.
Ha ha, you're not the only one. :D

cpunk said:
Bivvied down in pouring rain on Dartmoor many years ago - several groups of us spread across a hillsied, each group with 2 on watch, trying to spot the DS sneaking up on us to perform a crash move. One sees some shadows appearing out of the rain, torh on (this was the Navy!) and issued the challenge "Navy - halt! Identify yourself!" Of course his companion also spotlights the suspected intruder and issues challenge, quickly joined by those on watch in other nearby groups - all happy that DS has been caught.

Unfortunately, it wasn't the DS. it was in fact a Girl Guide troop(?) on a night hike. We soon realised this when they started screaming and crying. Captain of BRNC had to send an official letter of apology.

Used to do a lovely three day duty at an ammo compound near Hildesheim. Heard that the guard was called out as the Duty NCO thought he was being invaded. It was actually a group of German scouts getting their woodcraft badge. Fortunately the fire starting badge had been done the previous week and somewhere else.

Also heard that a gaggle of light armour had decided to use the woods by the compound as an exercise location. Did actually make a mess of the fence which upset the wardogs and the guard who were again called out to take on some Scimitars or Scorpions while armed to the teeth with hard boiled eggs.

didnt some civis on one of those survial courses get mistaken for soldiers on a e&e exercise .And get interrogated for 24 hours till somone worked out what was going on .The idiots thought it was all part of the course .

woody said:
didnt some civis on one of those survial courses get mistaken for soldiers on a e&e exercise .And get interrogated for 24 hours till somone worked out what was going on .The idiots thought it was all part of the course .
I bet that built some characters.

And filled a few pairs of underpants as well.

For me its good to see that the sun has checked out it sources as that is obviously the CO Hereford in the pic, good God men call yourself Military / Ex Mil Jesus H Corbett dont ever let me catch you none believes doubting their stories again or i will come round in my airwolf helicopter and laser your Arrse.
i once ambushed 25 USNAVY SEAL's on my own with only my Gerber but you dont see that in the papers because its Offical Secrets shush

With regards those guys who have engaged the ACF before, my mate is an ACF instructor, and he had the dubious honour of engaging 1 para last summer when on exercise. Realised quite swiftly from the amount of burst fire coming back that they werent his cadet enemy after all.....!

Personally I would put a couple of mags into the Little Britain pair before calling FPF onto their location....they really are most unfunny.

As for the wheelchair bound one, he gets full marks for crafty. Imagine your own mates if you suggested they wheel you up Pen y Fan in a spazmobile? It isn't what they would say that bothers me but what they might do!

As for the library picture of someone military, nice to see the head shed getting out and about....

mistersoft said:
woody said:
I bet that built some characters.

And filled a few pairs of underpants as well.
Don't remember that but I do remember some civis being picked up on Dartmoor - must have been in around 93 or 94 and making it as far as in-processing before the mistake was discovered.

For a laugh, they decided to trek up the nearby Black Mountain in their costumes.
I used to do that, too, when I weighed less than 18 Guinnessstones. Had a nice line in OG for a costume, but never one of those very desirable berets. We'd be laughing all the way up and all the way up again...

Latest Threads