Have you ever been outed on Arrse?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by been_outed, Jun 29, 2007.

?
  1. No

51.0%
  2. Yes and got in Sh!t

13.5%
  3. Yes and didnt really care

35.4%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies, Gentlemen, Arrsers

Have you ever been outed on Arrse?

A couple of months back I posted under my old username, quite an opinionated thread. Low and behold some arrse-licking cnut at my unit worked out who I was from things Id written in previous threads, went to through the chain of command and told the OC exactly what I had been saying. Next thing I know, I'm having a chat without coffee with the OC leaving me in no uncertain terms that my carreer in this post was over. End ex.

Now, I may well have been a little nieve, trusting, or plain stupid to leave an idetifiable trail. But is it really fair to bring up something I "might" have written outside work. And what should I do with the grassing little wnakstain that bubbled me up?

PS. I denied all knowledge. "The internet sir? Is that a new type of fishing method?"

2. You mean (s)he's still breathing?! 8O ;)

3. In short Yes!

4. For the squealer, punch him/her/it till your elbows bleed.

As for whether it's a fair cop, what did you reveal about your unit? Was it the colour of the boat house, or the recipe for range stew?

Ahhh, range stew...

5. How did they figure out it was you ?? If you didnt give your name and/or Unit.

6. Been outed, No, however it doesn't take the brains of an Arch bishop to work out who I am.

To be fair I don't tend to put info on here I wouldn't happily defend. If something is taken out of context not a lot you can do.

Sure there are plenty of users with Jekyl and Hyde sign ins for what they say and what they want to say if you catch my drift.

Take it even though you denied knowledge of Tinternet that aforementioned grass has met with suitable retribution. Good telling off and the like!

Were your points valid or just a rant, as we are all prone to now and again?

7. Yep, but then I didnt really hide it with the suff I was saying and posting.

It wouldnt take the brains of a rocket scientist to figure it out.

If you are going to be contravesial and youre still serving, do it under a different log in. Again, a no brainer.

8. I've been outed on EX from arrse, if that counts?

9. I'm pretty blatant about where I am & what I do, as to who, only a little bit of investigation will lead to me, depends on what was written & how your CoC are, we've a fairly good relationship in both directions as it's a small close knit unit, I have been warned off on occassion to wind my neck in, but so far so good.

10. Nah the twat is a very well liked and respected (by those with pips) person my senior. So wasnt really an option, but his time will come.

To be honest, it was just my opinion on how relative to our role the traing we do is. Cant go into much detail or I'll get pinged again!

I commented on something (about 2years ago) relating to my previous employment. Not too many people do what I did! That put together with which Corps forum I was posting in narrowed it down I think!

11. Yes but since I am such a lowly stab not as if it could do me any harm .
    My laziness and incomptence sabotaged my career long before arrse came along . :D

12. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not yet, but it's only a matter of time until all those cards I put in telephone boxes leadback to me.
    Not to mention the entries on my webpage 'www.supersexystud.co.org.

13. b_o
    sorry to hear about your difficulties. It looks like you learned the hard way that arrse is a public place. it's like a pub in which hundreds of people might be eavesdropping on you. you can't rely on them all to do the right thing.

14. Most of the blokes i work with are Arrse'ers.
    I came out a long time ago. Going back in doors now.

15. Was outed by someone in the Directorate that took umbrage. My boss was very pleased with herself when she told me how easy it was to work out who I was-I said all she had to do was ask. In the end I reinvented myself and now have a "special" logon for my own Corps page (not that i ever post on it 'cos it's toss)