have you ever been in Cadets ?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by semper, Oct 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ^Have done

Might be an idea to put one on this forum. I sorta believe ACF recruits for regular army and the ATC does the same for the TA (and regular RSigs)
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

True - we have several ex-ATC in the Unit, and I don't know of one ex-ACF. Weird, but I suppose the TA is a come-down after being in the Cadets. Also, we make them do start again without any stripes........
  3. Um I was so there's one! Used to be in the same TAC too!
  4. One's just joined my unit, ex-ACF. Gobbed off to me about that he didn't know why he had to do a recruits course again, and that he's done 'sniper training.'

Easily sorted out - getting an ex ACF RSM to have a word with him next recruit's weekend.
  5. Worked with ACF a few times, from a Sigs point of view it was a waste of time (they were mostly reg inf wannabes). Had far more interest from the ATC. We've 1 ex-ACF and about 6 ex-ATC.
  6. Sorry never been in a cadet as it is illegal. Fnarr Fnarr
  7. :lol:
  8. Was in Sea Cadets - all that sailing came in handy when I joined the army :!:
  9. i to was a sea cadet reached the lofty heights of leading cadet taught me a bit of self disipline and how to iron