Have you been transferred to a less generous AFPS pension? READ THIS...

Don't get me wrong the AFPSs are wonderful but I gather some people have been moved to AFPS schemes that are less generous, with no option to stay in the older schemes.

If this is so, a recent case brought by the Fire Brigades Union may be of great interest to you as the Court ruled that the members transferred to a new, less generous scheme can have their membership of the former scheme reinstated.

What this means is, they can go back to the better scheme.

And the Court ruled this will also be the case for other Public Service schemes - such as the AFPS.

@Forces Pension Society ...

Don't get me wrong the AFPSs are wonderful but I gather some people have been moved to AFPS schemes that are less generous, with no option to stay in the older schemes.

If this is so, a recent case brought by the Fire Brigades Union may be of great interest to you as the Court ruled that the members transferred to a new, less generous scheme can have their membership of the former scheme reinstated.

And the Court ruled this will also be the case for other Public Service schemes - such as the AFPS.

Could affect a lot on here, iirc Unison have started the ball rolling with the MOD already.

The FBU has confirmed that it will now seek compensation for injury to feelings and compensation for financial losses for claimants who lost money due to the changes.
This is why I hate unions...

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer

I'm sure there is already a thread on this and I understand that MoD also has to offer compensation for being discriminated. People will need to take advice it's not as straightforward as everyone jump back to AFPS75, although that is what I shall be doing, very very quickly.

Yup. I amalgamated my 75 into the 05 as it suited me at the time. However I was moved into the 15 so I fully expect the 4 and a half years of that to be shifted back to the 2005 numbers when it happens. 27 years of 05 pension. Lovely jubbly.