Have Tonys balls finally dropped?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by The_Ghillie, Jun 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For the first time in a long time, Tony seems to have found his manhood in standing up to the Chirac-monkey. The French have had their snouts in the EU trough, unimpeded and unchallenged, for too long. Does Tone deserve any credit, or is he still an unprincipled slimeball?

2. Standing up to a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys does not count as gaining balls.

3. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Of course he is still an unprincipled slimeball. He only wants the dosh so that Gordon doesn't have to hike the taxes up any higher and lose the next election. In addition, we have been quietly troughing away in the EU feeding slop but we don't brag about it, we let the cheese eating surrender monkeys do that.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Tony - balls - what a load of balls!

He was only saying what Gordon told him to say.

5. Yep because gordy knows that without that rebate we're f*cked thanks to his mis-managing of the economy!

6. OK, let me get this straight, M. Chirac.

1. Your people don't want the "Anglo-Saxon social and economic model" which involves flexible labour markets and freedom of trade and services.

2. You want the "French Social Model" which means high tax, restrictive labour markets and state intervention in just about everything. you also want the ruinously expensive Common Agricultural Policy to protect your lamb-burning farmers at the expense of everybody else.

3. However, you DO want the Brits to pay even more of their fair share towards the EU, depsite the fact that Britain's (relative) economic success is down to the "Anglo-Saxon" model you despise. Without the rebate we would be paying fifteen times more than France into the pot.

4. You are a completely spent force politically and will soon be under investigation for corruption and need to win an easy anti-Brit victory to distract the attention away from your own hopelessness.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this makes you in my book a slimy, hypocritical cnut. Please return to under the stone from whence you came. Thanks.

V!

7. Where have we been 'troughing'? It costs us twenty billion a year to be a member of their little club.

Credit where it's due. It wouldn't surprise any of us if Tony rolled over and cancelled the rebate as a consolation to the frogs for kicking the referendum into touch. He hasn't done that, and that's a brownie point in my book.

8. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Fair point actually, I'll check my facts next time. But my general point still remains, we do get concessions from the EU aside from the rebate, but we don't brag about it.

9. I don't think we do.

10. Even after the rebate we are nett contributors - an unusual form of 'troughing' to my mind.

11. That's as clear a statement of the situation as any I've seen, and far better than most. Mildly partial, perhaps, but nevertheless succinct and accurate. Minor tinkering to the conclusion/recommendation and voila! (as we say in London), a Ministerial point-brief.

You wouldn't, by any chance, have a job as a briefer at the moment, would you?

12. Three main contributors, Uk is the second highest.

France will not budge on the CAP, ergo they gain big time for small farms etc.

The pot is finite, redistribute the money fairly( Pigs are flying now )

Schroeder and Chirac are history in the foreseeable future, a whole new ball game is in play from the new members etc and the so called French/German alliance is a crock of Baloney.

Ideally the worm has or will be turning, now back to my cup of Darjeeling :lol:

13. Funnily enough, it's one of the things I do at work, yes.

V!

14. Well there you go.

Put a bit of work into your grammar, sentence construction, punctuation, accentuation and style, and you could be half-decent.

15. Liar tossbag Blair never had any balls to drop. Mincing c*nt.