Have they no shame?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cuddles, Jun 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At a 111 birthday party for much-respected Henry Allingham, the usual service contributions were made. The band of the RM played Happy Birthday, various air and flag officers paid their respects. However in the background to this picture is an unseemly presence, that of so called Veterans minister Steven Twigg.

[​IMG]

I cannot imagine any circumstance that would get Mr Twigg out from his MoD fastness to honestly and frankly discuss veterans affairs, such as the percentage of ex-servicemen in the UK's homeless population or the absurdity of denying Ta Bahadur Pun a visa. Yet he is quite happy to pluck the low hanging fruits of media relations.

I only hope Mr Allingham, a man whom I personally have nothing but the highest regard for, wasn't too distressed by the minister's appearance. Luckily Mr twigg is seen as a bit of a charisma black-hole and it is likely Mr allingham didn't notice his presence. Nice to see a Labour minister alongside those decorated freely by their country but without even a pocket handkerchief on his own manly breast.

2. I hope Mr Allingham said something like '' Oi Twigg you twat, stand at the back where you belong''

3. Sorry Cuddles, I don't understand the sartorial point your making. Care to elucidate, or should I have to have a quiet word with my tailor?

4. The nicest quote I've seen from Henry Allinghan was " I've had a unique sort of life, I've scraped the barrel and I've had the cream."

from " The last post" Max Arthur.

now will someone airbrish Twigg out of the frame please.

WW

5. Is that not Derek Twigg?

Stephen Twigg is the openly gay former education minister who got slung out in the 2005 elections. Arrested for drunken behaviour and fined but that is no barrier to being a Director of the Labour toerag "Foreign Policy Centre".

You know, the one that the The Foreign and Commonwealth Office does not provide any funding to because:

"We define 'funding' as payments made to an organisation which are not in respect of goods or services that the organisation has or will be providing to the FCO, but are instead made to support the organisation in its work.

A number of payments have been made to the Foreign Policy Centre during this period, but all such payments have been for goods and/or services provided by this organisation. "

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmhansrd/cm060420/text/60420w09.htm

Ah, right.

6. I thought your title was a rhetorical question? Derek Twigg is a politician............enough said

7. It looks like he snuck inround the back and kept popping his head up for the pictures. Shove the Twigglett down a manhole.

I'm sure its all fine untill Mr. Allingham needs some medical attention, or a place in a care-home. Lets see if you can find D. Twigg MP then.

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

How about this:

[​IMG]

9. Biped - you are a star mate!

10. 'kin exelent ! good drills that man .

WW

11. Biped, that my friend is perfect

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Wish we could simply airbrush the t!t out in real life. Never mind eh.

13. If only...

14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

15. Fantastic drills, Biped. Much better piccie now.

If only, if only. If only they could have got L/Cpl Johnson Beharry VC in that shot in place of the fückin' gurning clown you just "disappeared". If only .....

MsG