Have they no shame, MP Claims for donation

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bobthedog, May 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Because Conservative MP's are above this sort of thing, right?

Like the conniving piece of early election calling shite that is the leader of the Tory party?

Starting to look a lot like the Tories are in more trouble over this nonsense than Labour doesn't it.

Funny how he said initally he'd look into election expenses after the next election, when he must have known about some of the excesses of his own MP's.

There is no partisan side to take in this, they are all troughing b*stards.

2. "It is particularly embarrassing because Mr Cook is an official supporter of the campaign to commemorate Air Chief Marshal Sir Keith Park, who commanded the RAF’s 11 Group Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain"

Not saying that there arent fiddlers on both sides (£900 for a pink laptop just before xmas sounds suspiciously like a xmas gift for a girl, paid for by the taxpayer) but this guy earns at least £65K for being an MP, and then gets generous expenses, could he really not afford a £5 donation to a church service?

This is not what we pay taxes for!

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Possibly. I haven't yet seen an allegation regarding a Conservative claiming for a donation to charity. Have you?

4. bit of a nip that PTP, it wasn't claimed that they were, but check back on NL and the "none of this would be done by us claims", I think the fact that it was a small donation at a remembrance church service that bugs me, does the attempt to claim indicate that he did not consider it worth spending his hard earned money on it.

5. One claimed for a Remembrance Day wreath, because he was the ex shadow Defence guy.

6. No, but I have seen this worthy mentioned

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=122735.html

7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Can't we just accept that they are all thieving, gravy train supping and immoral b@stards, dissolve parliament and be done with it?

Just to stop the whinging, mind. I'm getting a tad bored with the endless 'revelations' of how thieving our 'betters' are. A corrupt politician, who would have guessed? Perhaps we should send our lot to Nigeria or China to REALLY learn how to bend your populace over a desk, reem their arrseholes and then expect them to thank you for it....

Just a thought.

8. What he said.

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Look! No, over there! Look.....................................gets back into box as attention is distracted.

Fair enough PTP.

Incidentally and vaguely related . 15 MSPs at it too.

10. I second the Noble Lord's motion... :evil:

11. Carried.

12. It is abundantly clear that MPs (of all colour) have taken the expenses system to be a salary tax-free top up. A couple of weeks past, a New Labour example said exactly that on the World Service (it could as well have been one of a different colour).

What really grips me is that even now, even after all the furore about how wrong this is, how the system is so manifestly being abused for other selfish purposes - you still have some bleating that they have done no wrong. And rigidly sticking to this "it's within the rules" broken record.

Do they not grasp the simple fact that we see through them? Do they not grasp the fact that we, the general public, do not despise them for working the system - we despise them for not having the honesty to admit that they actually created the system, maintained and sustained the system, and have systematically attempted to deny and camouflage the system for their own selfish ends.

I now live in a country where corruption is still the norm, where it is assumed that politicians are on the take. The only question is to what extent. And yet, the UK has become a source of complete derision here. How low can you go?

And what makes it all so bad? What alternative is there at the next election?

I offer one proposal. Start a campaign, now. Encourage everybody to spoil their ballots as a protest. When returning officers find spoilt ballots are actually counting higher than the candidates, then, and only then, will the political class wake up to gravity of the situation and maybe, just maybe, something good may come about.

13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Spoiling your ballot is a bit like sticking a dildo in your arrse and shouting rape. What a bone suggestion....

14. Bollocks.

How about we,as a people,get a grip and accept the fact that as long as we let cunts to do our thinking for us then we will always be treated like cunts.

The 'people' of this nation want to know where the blame lies....I suggest a good fucking look in the mirror.(If they can pull themselves away from 'Britains a laughing stock' for two seconds)

Long live the DT and its drip drip.......I hope it makes each jack cunt in the country vomit blood into their cornflakes at what has happened to our 'democracy'.

Keep it tribal.