Have they lost the plot?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by putteesinmyhands, Nov 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have they lost the plot? - #1 Royal Mail

Today, I received a letter from the Army. It had a brown envelope (no, not THE brown envelope) complete with the franking on the front and the return address on the back.

What made it unusual was that it was inside a polythene bag.

Uh oh, I thought, it's been tampered with. PERSEC is now in shreds, anticipate an Al Qaeda (or mil.com) hit squad knocking on the door. Start improvising weapons, re-activate the booby traps under the doormats etc.

But no, after soaking the letter in the bog to deactivate any potential harmful enclosures, I find that a Royal Mail survey has been enclosed in the bag.

So what questions do they want answering?

1. Describe the contents of the letter. Options include Greeting Card, Advertising not requested, Book, etc.

2. Describe the sender of the letter. Options include Utility Company, Royal Mail, Charity, etc.

3. Was it sent to me as a business or as a private individual?

4. If sent from outside the UK, from which country was it sent?

The question that I want answering is "Which buffoon attached this survey to a letter that ever-so-obviously is from the Army?" All the answers could have been gained just by looking at the damned thing.

Yet another case of conducting surveys into the obvious? No wonder they're losing money.

2. May be MI5 wanted to know what the letter was about and have a man in the post office that will read your survey response.