Have the British enemies in Afghanistan?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Feb 29, 2008.

1. More than 10,000,000

2. More than 1,000,000

3. More than 100,000

4. More than 10,000

5. Too few, if any

6. After the withdrawal there would be no enemies

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How many Afghans are enemies of the UK and constitute a dagner to the Britons?

Try to estimate number of enemies of the UK in Afganistan taking into account that population of the country is near to 32,000,000.
  2. 'More than enough' is the answer.
  3. What's the point of this poll?
    Is this a poor attempt to stir an ambiguous argument, in which the Brits are left looking like part of an aggressive expansionist movement?
    If so stroll on.
  4. Significantly less than are enemies of Russia.
  5. Well know British politician (too well known to name him) suggested that the UK hasn't enemies in Afghanistan. Apparently many disagree with this statement. So what would be realistic estimate of number of enemies of the UK in the country?
  6. I suppose there are many Afghans who don't want us in their country, but only a few who are willing to fight and if necessarily die for their belief. Around 10,000 i'd say considering we've slotted many of the Afghani taliban.

We're fighting more Pakis than Afghanis now which is fine by me as i have even less time for them.

7. Some eejit of a politician suggests that the Brits don't have enemies in Afghanistan?
    British (and indeed all) politicians are well renowned for fully researching the facts of any matter before opening their blow holes.
    Clearly this person has their finger on the pulse...and not jammed up their arrse.
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Obviously there are no enemies of the British there. The whole thing is just a very large live-fire exercise!
    The people playing opfor are just the 'shadow' regiments, drawn from when the restructuring took place, and are in fact members of those regiments that were supposedly amalgamated.
    Perhaps Sven should watch the news or read a newspaper.
  9. The day I hear of dog fights with the Afghan Luftwaffe over the fields of Kent, or an Afghan Armada being sighted off the coast of Plymouth Sound will be the day I begin, with great sadness and disappointment, to view Afghans as an enemy of Britain.
  10. I'm not sure how many of them there are, got my 200th post though!
  11. You have missed out "No Afghans, but plenty of Pakistanis, Iranians and other assorted outsiders"
  12. So it would be logical to send troops to the respective countries, not to Afghanistan.
  13. that's a daft poll and a feeble attempt to validate the notion that Afghans are the enemy. We're not fighting the Afghans, we're fighting the Taliban within the Afghan borders.

The Taliban careers office isn't interested in nationality, just the abilty to get off your face, run, shoot and get converted into meat.
  14. Why not look at it this way.
    You are an ordinary citizen living in Britain. You begin to start from suffering from anxiety and depression because you believe the Afghans are out to attack us.
    You visit the doctor and he tries to reassure you. But you keep reading in the papers and believing what you are told, that the Afghans are actually a real and substantial threat to you, your family and Britain.
    The complete absence of terrorism or indeed Afghans in your neighborhood only increases your terror causing you to think that they must be up to something. Your anxiety and depression increase.
    How many visits to the doctor do you reckon it would take before he had you sectioned?