Have the Americans fired the first shots in a new war in the Gulf?

I very much doubt it. The explanation will likely be clear-cut. You'd have to be retarded and/or attempting to launch a suicide attack to speed towards a US Navy ship like that.

The air raid sirens are going off in AD at the moment.

My mistake it is the Russian in the villa next door playing his shit music again!

From the report......

The USNS Rappahannock fired on a vessel after it ignored warnings and rapidly approached the ship, a US Navy official said.

I'd have brassed it up as well.

I hope they chewed it to bits with a Phalanx.

The boat was probably an off-shore delivery of "Sloppy Joes Pizza" from the PX.
Yanks got arsey when the forgot the extra peparponi topping.

From a friend in the UAE, it was a power boat used for racing, very big sport overthere. Happened off Jebel Ali nowhere near the Straits of Hormuz. Power boats notoriously noisy and moving at 50 to 60 mph, difficult to control.

From a friend in the UAE, it was a power boat used for racing, very big sport overthere. Happened off Jebel Ali nowhere near the Straits of Hormuz. Power boats notoriously noisy and moving at 50 to 60 mph, difficult to control.
Then don't play in an area where large grey ships are knocking about.

The UAE officially started pumping oil through the new pipe which runs from the Emiate of Abu Dhabi to Fujeriah today, this means they don't need to ship via the straights but can pump directly to tankers in the Indian ocean.

Coincidence?

Jebel Ali may be some distance from the Strait of Hormuz, but it is used by the Yanks as a naval base.

Yes, in mitigation, CNN is now reporting that apparently they had intelligence they were moving chemical weapons on board.
Very much doubt it, probably drugs. They usually come in from Iran into the ports using speedboats etc. A bit like South America to the US.

Port Raschid in Dubai is also used for naval vessels, and there is a lot of afternoon and early evening power boating off Jumeirah Beach. This goes from the port up the coast towards AD, stoping just at the desalination plant to the west of Dubai.

Any indication that's this was within UAE territorial waters?

Nah Pantsoff, in the gulf it`s not worth firing a shot in anger, or wasting amunition on anything, unless chemical weapons are involved.
True, although one's that can be readied for launch in 45 mins are preferred. They must still be there since we didn't find them last time.....right?