Have the Americans fired the first shots in a new war in the Gulf?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Infiltrator, Jul 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I very much doubt it. The explanation will likely be clear-cut. You'd have to be retarded and/or attempting to launch a suicide attack to speed towards a US Navy ship like that.

2. The air raid sirens are going off in AD at the moment.

My mistake it is the Russian in the villa next door playing his shit music again!

• Like Like x 1
  3. From the report......

The USNS Rappahannock fired on a vessel after it ignored warnings and rapidly approached the ship, a US Navy official said.

I'd have brassed it up as well.

• Like Like x 4
  4. I was in Kuwait when the Cole got bombed. The Americans won't let that happen again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I hope they chewed it to bits with a Phalanx.

6. Not quite the Human Rights Act-compliant treatment that boatload of Iranian asylum-seekers were expecting, I bet. Never mind.

7. The boat was probably an off-shore delivery of "Sloppy Joes Pizza" from the PX.
    Yanks got arsey when the forgot the extra peparponi topping.

8. Rappahannock is an oiler. And any ****** who came darting towards me in a small boat were I to be sitting atop 25,000 tons of diesel and aviation fuel would get an equally unfriendly reception

• Like Like x 5
  9. From a friend in the UAE, it was a power boat used for racing, very big sport overthere. Happened off Jebel Ali nowhere near the Straits of Hormuz. Power boats notoriously noisy and moving at 50 to 60 mph, difficult to control.

10. Then don't play in an area where large grey ships are knocking about.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The UAE officially started pumping oil through the new pipe which runs from the Emiate of Abu Dhabi to Fujeriah today, this means they don't need to ship via the straights but can pump directly to tankers in the Indian ocean.

Coincidence?

12. Jebel Ali may be some distance from the Strait of Hormuz, but it is used by the Yanks as a naval base.

13. Very much doubt it, probably drugs. They usually come in from Iran into the ports using speedboats etc. A bit like South America to the US.