Have my medical on Tuesday Evening (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Mennox, Apr 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just curious...normally you have your medical at the selection weekend aswell as your fitness test right?

i have my medical on Tuesday evening and if i pass that im away to Catterick a week later for the weekend to hang with a para squadran.

Is it because the regiment is fairly new and they just wanna fast track anything?

2. msr

msr LE

As far as I understand it, your unit is responsible for your administration (documents, medical, pay etc) and the Regional Training Centre for your training, which includes the selection weekend.

msr

3. no mate, my squadron did the medicals before selection

4. Sounds weird normally do your medical then start recruit training TASF1/2 etc.

5. haha oh yea spelt that wrong...also should of it of been squadron or just squad? :oops:

also its the engineers regiment im joining, the para squad are to show me what its like in the TA

6. msr

msr LE

Should 'have' been.

Perhaps you need this: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=YFIEfqL48AMC&dq=eats+shoots+and+leaves&pg=PA151&ots=xyu2AZpxQN&sig=jUvHpMudyRL9Id5n7TNYrXotDtw&prev=http://www.google.co.uk/search%3Fq%3Deats%2Bshoots%2Band%2Bleaves%26ie%3Dutf-8%26oe%3Dutf-8%26aq%3Dt%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial%26client%3Dfirefox-a&sa=X&oi=print&ct=result&cd=1

msr

7. Haha my apology :D
    I was typing that whilst taking my turn on Wii Sports, so i was rushing /bow

8. Squadron or Sqn for short mate :thumright:

good luck anyways

9. If you have contact lenses then take them out at least 24 hours before hand, as they will do your eyesight and all that, and taking them out 5mins before the test doesn't do it...

So I'm told.

T C

10. i have glasses which are only used to take strain off my eyes whilst using pc at work

i will try to remember to take them with my on Tuesday :D

11. well finally went for ym medical last night, and didnt have much confidence in passing it after the WO1 told me that the last 4 people fail it 8O

but im happy to say i passed :D:D and everything should be completed for next Tuesday YEY