have i missed anything?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by FrostyBadger, Oct 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my selection in just over 2 weeks now :D

iv searched through all the sticky's and posts to see what final preparations i should make. i'm currently:

-keeping my run time down
    -keeping my upper body strength up
    -practicing my icebreaker
    -maths revision for TST

can anyone think of anything else i could do to give myself a heads up at selection?

Thanks, Frosty :wink:
  2. Run
    Doing exactly as told...when you're told.
    Not being the mongs who stand in silence on the team tasks

About it.
  3. That's all you need to do at the end of the day. Don't worry too much about it, as long as you don't do drugs or rub the people looking after you up the wrong way, your laughing all the way to Phase 1.

If you do some team games then open your mouth and encourage the rest of the lads as you progress. They do NOT want to see you stood at the back with your thumb up your bum!

Basically, if your a mong, your screwed. As said above, keep your head down but remember to show confidence and determination. Your not gonna get a pat on the back for being awesome but they should offer you a job no problems, providing you pass the medical and tests.
  4. Yeah, to be honest, the biggest hurdle for anyone is clearing the medical..which is at the very start of selection so assuming you pass that, just stay switched on for the remainder and it should be a doddle.
  5. Read a decent paper and formulate intelligent opinions on current affairs. A common tactic of recruiters is to point at someone and ask them what they think about x.

Try to master a bit of basic military knowledge, so you don't end up making a faux pas like calling an NCO sir, putting your hands in your pockets or ignoring officers when you pass them, and you don't end up talking rubbish (like coley what's his name, who reckons tanks can be dropped out of planes on parachutes :roll: )
  6. {anti wah gear on}

7. The russians used to do it with the crews in.
  8. With remarkably little success, IIRC. Being rattled around the inside of a tank like a pea in a can as it falls thousands of feet doesn't make for an effective crew afterwards.

That youtube video was a record, not a feasible way of deploying tanks. I wonder how many of those Sheridans could actually start up and drive off after they landed (if the crews managed to land anywhere near them)
  9. Zip it you lot - we are not allowed to play in here. Go home, there's nothing to see.

(I hate being sensible).
  10. slug are you ill :D