Have I made the wrong trade choice?

Hello,

Im currently In Blandford waiting to start my (now 32 week) CSop course. My chosen trade is EWSop. Since being here im struggling to get to grips in deciding whether this is the right trade for me, partly because its so hard to find out exactly what we do once in the field army. Alot of this I assume is because of the vetting needed so people are unable to really talk about the trade in any detail. Its also been brought to my attention that there is a hold currently on DV vetting. I know the next EW course starts in Dec so if I were to not be vetted by then Its gonna be the best part of 2 years before I can look to get posted. It just seems a huge commitment to make to something I know little about. Just wondering if anyone can offer me any advice before I start course so if needs be I can look at a change of cap badge whilst there is still time.

Many thanks

Adam

You are showing the perfect skills for being an EWSysOp; change your name, not for operational security but simply so those at Blandford who regularly trawl this site don't pick up on your issue and then pick on you! Serious though, search the site there are plenty of posts ref your job as there are in the Army site. Rest assured though that even if operations stop in Afghanistan you will be one of the few trades doing your job in peacetime as in wartime. And good luck.

What Jarrod and Ashford said.

Also, the skills you'd learn in the role will serve you well both in the army and in civvy street. I don't know you personally so can't say whether it's the job for you but from what I know of the job (which is limited to public info) and the way the world is going I'd say it's a good choice.

P

PrinceAlbert

change your name, not for operational security but simply so those at Blandford who regularly trawl this site don't pick up on your issue and then pick on you!.
Are you ******* serious?! People have got far better things to do than ask for a nominal role, and everyone called "adam"

You dick.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
For some strange reason people think these days work must be enjoyable - if it is all well and good, otherwise work, use the money, go on holidays and put up with it.

B

Biscuits_AB

Hello,

Im currently In Blandford waiting to start my (now 32 week) CSop course. My chosen trade is EWSop. Since being here im struggling to get to grips in deciding whether this is the right trade for me, partly because its so hard to find out exactly what we do once in the field army. Alot of this I assume is because of the vetting needed so people are unable to really talk about the trade in any detail. Its also been brought to my attention that there is a hold currently on DV vetting. I know the next EW course starts in Dec so if I were to not be vetted by then Its gonna be the best part of 2 years before I can look to get posted. It just seems a huge commitment to make to something I know little about. Just wondering if anyone can offer me any advice before I start course so if needs be I can look at a change of cap badge whilst there is still time.

Many thanks

Adam
You sound like the sort of chap who would suit a career in the RMPs.

Are you ******* serious?! People have got far better things to do than ask for a nominal role, and everyone called "adam"

You dick.
Thanks for your constructive addition, this coming from a person whose screen name is synonymous with holding cocks! Stick to what you know, this isn't the NAAFI, so take your crayons back to your nice padded cell. ¡Coño Grandé!

P

PrinceAlbert

Thanks for your constructive addition, this coming from a person whose screen name is synonymous with holding cocks! Stick to what you know,
Actually, a PA has nothing to do with "holding cocks"

Someone who is called Ashford_old_school, means that my gen is more up to date than yours.

As to crayoning; you offered no help to the OP whatsoever with regards to his question, so you've hardly contributed to the thread. Wind your ancient neck in.

P

PrinceAlbert

To the OP:

Have chat with your Trp Sgt, and ask him for information. Explain your worries, and that any info would be helpful. If he can't help you, ask to have a Plt Comdrs interview and so on.

Someone, somewhere, will be able to give you a half decent overview of daily life as EWSops. You could ask if you could get a short-term detachment to a sigs unit whilst waiting for your course? This may not be an option, but you never know.