Have I left it too late job adverts etc

ugly

LE
This doesn't fit any of the existing threads on Brexit so in need of levity I thought I would share this one as an example of poor preparation or just leaving it too late:

"My client, a major Rail organisation, are looking for an Operations Consultant to join their team for an initial 2-3 month assignment. They are looking for a new Operational plan to be delivered in line with Brexit. They are looking for an interim with experience working to tight deadlines in a collaorative team to roll this out.

Key skills:

• Experience working in the UK Rail industry, within Operations workstreams
  • Experience designing and delivering Operations plans
  • Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
  • Experience working as a Project Manager

This is an urgent role with a February start date on offer so please send over an up to date CV for immediate consideration."
Link: Operations Consultant job in London, London, United Kingdom | Job ID: 591170 | Railway Job Search

Now either someone has been let down or has really only just woken up.
Edited to add that the spelling errors are copied over from the original advert, its a common theme on that website.
Really though who has had any daft job alerts in their industry come up like this?

Last edited:

ugly

LE
I would suggest that someone had been offered / had accepted the position and then told them to ram it.
Even so with plans required to be tested even on a white board simulation I would think that hoping the few "experts" in the industry will drop everything and run to your help is naïve to say the least. I expect the actual day rate top climb very shortly.

Even so with plans required to be tested even on a white board simulation I would think that hoping the few "experts" in the industry will drop everything and run to your help is naïve to say the least.
Without a doubt.

I expect the actual day rate top climb very shortly.
Most likely, the flip side is that applicants could quote their own day-rate.

ugly

LE
Without a doubt.

Most likely, the flip side is that applicants could quote their own day-rate.
Ive been there and done that, turning round major capital projects so the regional director gets his bonus. Soon forgotten about when the dust settles.

Latest Threads