Have I been given the wrong Camp to start my Basic?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by MrMillar, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Potential Communications Systems Operator for the Royal Corps of Signals, have friends already in the Signals some of which are currently Comms Systems Ops already, they have all trained at Pirbright, all through my application I was informed Pirbright would also be were I trained, only to find it's now apparently ATR Winchester.

Not got a problem with starting at Winchester I just don't wanna turn up at the start of my training and finding out there was a mistake with my paper work or something.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Cheers.

2. Yes, your recruiter, give him a ring if you are not sure. ^_^

3. I'm at the Office in August for my notice papers, I'll mention it then, read somewhere Winchester will no longer be a Junior camp as from July so maybe that has something to do with me being sent there in October

4. You've passed the first test.

5. Don't give him a ring then, don't bother asking for advice. Do your own thing.

6. Just turn up at Pirbright, tell the Guard Room that you're reporting for training, and that the paperwork was wrong. You're diligence will be rewarded.

• Like Like x 1
  7. After speaking with him I've been told Winchester is no longer a Junior camp, therefor it could have been Pirbright or Winchester that I was selected for, I thought as much :)

8. Use your initiative and turn up at the camp you think they meant to send you to. My choice would be Catterick.

9. Nah, turn to at CTCRM, Lympstone, Devon. You'll be given a warm welcome.

10. I think Benbecula in the Outer Hebrides is your best bet

Although getting there is a bit of a pig without a helicopter or your own ship

PoGs
    PocketComms - Language First Aid at your Fingertips

11. I think he is trying to wind you up as a wee prank.

12. You can all go **** yourselves! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.