Have CND and the Greenham Common Wimmin ever apologised?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I was reminded of these unpleasant bastards by a program I saw yesterday about the (then) female sprog in Chitty Chitty bang bang who went onto become a Greenham Freak.

Issues of personal hygene aside, CND and the likes of the Greenham Common Wimmin's freakshow spent years propping up the Soviet Union and helping to keep the Iron Curtain in place. Have they ever apologies for cruel this act?

It's impossible to quantify how much human misery these creatures are responsible for but I'd venture to suggest a fair bit.

I enjoyed guarding at Greenham Common, PX, bar, rides in cop car,showing arrse at flag time, throwing coal at women, it was a nice break from Salisbury plain.

No need. The publicity they generated increased the deterrence effect of GLCM....

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Given that they failed to keep Cruise out of Greenham Common, nor unilaterally disarmed Britain of Nuclear Weapons, I'd propose that they didn't have any impact on the Cold War either way let alone prop up the Soviet Bloc/Iron Curtain.

Incidentally, I was there about ten years ago when it had become a business park (at least the part where I was) and a lone protest woman was still there in her caravan. I don't know what she was protesting about at that stage, but I guess it must have been some kind of Brian Haw syndrome.

My mother made several trips to Greenham Common as a protestor. Never really understood the logic to it, not convinced she did either.
She is immensly proud of it though.

Somehow, I doubt the fall of the Soviet Union was caused by a few smelly lesbians starting to doubt their anti-nuclear convictions. Over-egging the pudding a touch, don't you think?

propping up the Soviet Union and helping to keep the Iron Curtain in place. It's impossible to quantify how much human misery these creatures are responsible for but I'd venture to suggest a fair bit.
If you seriously believe this, you really need to pay more attention.

B

Biscuits_AB

....the likes of the Greenham Common Wimmin's freakshow spent years propping up the Soviet Union and helping to keep the Iron Curtain in place.

You're looking at this from the wrong angle mate. In doing so, they also helped keep me in LOA and tax free tabs for ******* years.

Heard one of the "wimmin" describe their cunning plan. In the event of war, they'd all lie down in front of the gates to stop the missile transporters leaving for their dispersal sites. The response from the USAF was "We'll simply drive over the top of them"

The wimmins' hearts were in the right place, although after a close encounter with one of these, their hearts, lungs and everything else would certainly have been in the wrong place:-

Come on own up, who was that nasty man who cemented up their standpipe??

Apart from having to be deloused after contact with these creatures, they did put on some entertaining lezzy shows for the troops.

knew an ex peace women Karen who was only their for the sex and drugs lots of women turned les for the cause apprantly.
she was into scuba diving but being 16 stone plus not really what you imagine when lesbian and rubber springs to mind :(
was a drug and alcohol worker took little shit form addicts or well meaning workers having come out of rehab btdt got the t shirt.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Somehow, I doubt the fall of the Soviet Union was caused by a few smelly lesbians starting to doubt their anti-nuclear convictions. Over-egging the pudding a touch, don't you think?
It's a complex world and there were many factors in play and these were but small ones but there is no doubt that fellow travellers gave succour to the Soviet Union and helped to prolong the the Iron Curtain and all the misery it brought.

Come on own up, who was that nasty man who cemented up their standpipe??

Apart from having to be deloused after contact with these creatures, they did put on some entertaining lezzy shows for the troops.
Knowingly or via night sight?

Doing it with a finger or two,eyes scrunched a bit near the screen, trying to make sure I don't make a mess or mistake in the process.

I was reminded of these unpleasant bastards by a program I saw yesterday about the (then) female sprog in Chitty Chitty bang bang who went onto become a Greenham Freak.

Issues of personal hygene aside, CND and the likes of the Greenham Common Wimmin's freakshow spent years propping up the Soviet Union and helping to keep the Iron Curtain in place. Have they ever apologies for cruel this act?

It's impossible to quantify how much human misery these creatures are responsible for but I'd venture to suggest a fair bit.
You never listened to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2? when the yanks were back in at Fairford with their B52's (think it must have been GW2) he had on a former Greenham Common protester (think she might have been behind the "not in our our name campaign) said on air "Children of Greenham Common do as your mothers did and go to Fairford"

Seem to remember some muppet was determined to get over the wire and get shot

When the Soviet archives were opened round about 1991 all the evidence was there that CND had been largely funded by our chums in the KGB. Why then did the leading lights of the organisation not come forward and either admit they were knowing KGB proxies or confess that they never knew and owed the free world an apology for being 'useful idiots'? Seems only fair