Have any SPS Clerks successfully transferred to the RMP?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by tired_chimp, Feb 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Question.

I know of none.

2. I know a couple. But I know of more failed RMP that got sent to be clerks after getting booted from Chi/South Park. :wink:

3. I know of one officer that was my OC in about '96 who was ex SPS. I know quite a few that went other way, esp on commission

4. and i know of two who went RMP to commision in AGC (SPS) then back again to RMP - SA and SO for those that know them.

Then again we did have about 8 go over to SPS after the witches road show one year, when promotion prospects were crap in RMP. I believe most are SNCo WO now.

5. I know SO. I remember him as a full screw.

Last time we met I did not so much bump into him as step on him. It was at a university study weekend. He was sitting on a sofa behind me and as I stepped back I stood on his foot. Good way to meet up again after a long time. He was at that time a Capt RMP. He is now in the Australian Army.

6. I had a guy that went across in 97 when he was a Cpl. I believe that he is well known on the cross dressing front these days :p

In all seriousness I'd be interested to find out how he got on (or if indeed he's still in) as he was a decent lad.

7. Well SO is certainly Globetrotting, didnt realise he went to Oz.

8. One of my Mates transfered and passed as a full screw. Said it wasn't hard just bullshitty.

9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I know plenty of ex RMP who have gone the other way because they couldn't stand the back stabbing.

Is that why you wear those vests?

10. Joining the SPS to avoid backstabbing, LOL!

11. Yep, it's hell down there in the typing pool.

12. Get over yourself

13. How American and how utterly out of context.

14. All arms typist, by all accounts.

15. Oh, I thought of one. Fem Captain, Zoe something.