Have a look at this 9 Para Sqn video off youtube.

A tribute to th fighting me of 9 Para sqn RE

as quoted from the explanation about the video.....dear dear...the brain cell obviously wasn't left with the rear party!!

ABF9

Old-Salt
Why is it almost anything to do with 9 Para Sqn RE is slagged off on the sappers part of this forum?

I think a lot of blokes on here have a bit of an inferiority complex. 8O

jack-daniels said:
Recognise a few of the old buggers on there!

afraid to admit to that also.

Personally,I thought that the video was not too bad! 9 and 59 do get a slagging in some parts of The Corps,but they are good units IMHO!

after serving for a while with the mighty 12 i'll happily say i ain't anti 9 and in general when they are in normal units they shine (as do 59) however they sometimes forget the cap-badge they wear and the cocks on their A2 at Chatham give the rest a bad name.

IMHO though you're all freakin biscuits fruit!! Plus the eagle ain't got crap on the Peggy!!

ABF9 said:
Why is it almost anything to do with 9 Para Sqn RE is slagged off on the sappers part of this forum?

I think a lot of blokes on here have a bit of an inferiority complex. 8O
When 9 Sqn guys think of themselves as Sappers first and Para trained second, they will get a lot more respect from "hat" Sappers.

Whilst 9 and 59 are very good squadrons I certainly wouldn't rate either their construction skills or equipment care skills.

plant_life said:
Whilst 9 and 59 are very good squadrons I certainly wouldn't rate either their construction skills or equipment care skills.
or their ability to walk unaided in later years. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: