Have a go heroes - read this first!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutsy, Jul 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's the problem? He failed to do his job properly and now has to pay the price. Sounds fair to me.

"He had left an open parcel hatch unattended and the hooded raiders - who also robbed three customers -clambered through it to launch their attack."

Pity he got a good pasting in the process, but life generally is a tad unfair.

2. I thought Dr Reid was all for us doing more to help ourselves?

Only in th UK eh? F*cking country's gone to the dogs and is being encouraged to go further into the kennel by the f*ckwits who are supposed to protect us.

3. By what I picked up it was no more than a few minutes, he was helping an elderly person.
    Three raiders dont just suddenly appear because of that, they must have been planning to
    come along and just got lucky.
    Even if it was a mistake he payed the Post Office back by attacking the raiders, this will spook
    them for a long time.

Why should a post office be barred shut and locked all the time. I think a serious crack down
    should begin on knowing criminals then we want be having these topics again.

4. 1. Glad old boy was helping a customer as its part of his job.

2. Raiders did indeed get lucky because old boy failed to execute a decent standard of security protocol.

3. You cant "pay back" the Post office by hitting people. It takes old fashioned greens. Money, mullah, loot.

4. Certain parts of a PO should be barred shut and locked to ensure that criminals (with or without crow bars) dont come into your office, hand you an old fashioned shoeing, take your money and leave you with a 3 grand bill.

5. Bottom line: If old boy hadnt left the hatch open his PO (probably) still would have been robbed, he still would have got slapped about, but he wouldnt have landed himself a 3 grand debt to the PO. Life truly is unfair at the best of times, but it does give us something to talk about with our morning coffee, :)

5. If you had told me this story without me reading the newspaper report I'd have said you were pulling my leg!

DummyRound, have you had a harsh life or what? If I was this chap and I'd been handed a £3k bill I think I'd start tucking into the till over time to get my dosh back, and some!

6. Yeah, bit harsh dummy.

I think the point is that crime really does pay.

If I leave my car unlocked and it gets pinched, does that mean a crime hasnt been commited? Yes, I'm stupid for leaving my car unlocked but the bloke that pinched it is a criminal- shit, bust. The punishment should not be represented by the actions or lack of them from the victim.

I can see in a round about way that this Govns policy on assisting the criminal and not the victim is a very good deterrent. It makes innocent people get to the point were they wont report a crime because it becomes pointless and quite often puts them at an even bigger loss. Makes the statistics look good though.

7. I'm moving into a new house soon and for ages I've planned having a small shed in one corner. Inside the shed will be a hole grave size but deeper if possible. Also I'd have a few bags of lime stood by. Any fecker that wants to play ball with me and my family may end up in the hole. Come the revolution we'll all have sheds with holes or we wont need to because there will be self law on your own property.

8. [quote="DummyRound
    5. Bottom line: If old boy hadnt left the hatch open his PO (probably) still would have been robbed, he still would have got slapped about, but he wouldnt have landed himself a 3 grand debt to the PO. Life truly is unfair at the best of times, but it does give us something to talk about with our morning coffee, :)[/quote]

Do you find many people wanting to sit and talk with you ? Or to they just move quietly away ?

You are truely a miserable B*stard, on a par with the faceless paperpusher in the PO who is asking for the dosh.

9. doom, make sure you place shiny things in the windows of the shed too. Put 'Canondale' stickers on the door or 'keep out. Sensitive radio equipment inside'.

I'd go one further and wire the thing up to the mains and place a cross bow opposing the door.

(If the missus ever pished me off, I could ask her to 'pop into the shed for a set of pliars'. ;)

10. Sounds all a bit dangerous Flashy. I could get into a lot of trouble.

11. Poof, man the fuck up and get on with it.

They didnt say 'oow, it sounds a bit dangerous' in 1914 did they?

12. By leaving your car unlocked, you may have invalidated your insurance. It's possible that this is what has happened here and the PO decided to split the bill.

I don't think that they can make him pay though. He was acting in performance of his duties as an agent of his employer.

13. Don't tell too many people. You will put the kit insurance wallahs out of business.... :)

14. Some probably did Flashy. What do you know about 1914? I doubt if you remember 1974 right? Possibly '84 maybe. :lol: