Hatton v Mayweather?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by eddie930, Nov 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help needed fight fans!!
    I'm based in Gutersloh, Germany and am dying to watch the Hatton v Mayweather fight on Dec 8. Apparently the guys in the block and the pads who get Sky here cant order Sky Box Office pay per view events. Can anyone please tell me where I might be able to watch it? Does anyone know any bars in Germany that are showing it? I would be willing to travel a good distance to see this!!
    Hope someone can help me out!
  2. If your willing to travel the distance, I know where you can see it......
  3. Would be eternally grateful if you could share that information with me mate!! You're going to tell me Las Vegas arent you? Afraid I cant travel quite that far!! :D
  4. We've been in negotiations to try to secure the rights to this fight for the past couple of weeks, but they are going right to the wire it seems. I'll post back on here if we manage to get it.

5. I should think the German channels wiil show it, RDF for example are a big network, so if you make some enquiries you might get a positive answers. This is a very big fight, so big that I'm off to Vegas on Tuesday!!
  6. Try a program like sopcast. im sure it will be streamed live, the payperview events usually are. Cant promise you amazing quality, but better than not seeing it :)
  7. My bold. I've heard varying stories about this, but had no problems myself. I had Sky in Germany too, and found that whenever I needed to get pay-per-view events (normally football, but got boxing once), it was normally quite easy to complete the transaction with a touch-tone telephone, and not speak to an operator.

On one occasion I spoke to an operator at Sky who informed me that, because I lived in Germany, my account would be suspended. I argued that because I lived at a BFPO address, I was technically still in Britain. Needless to say, nothing came of that one.

I reckon the real problem here is that your mates don't want you round, so they're blagging it. :twisted:
  8. mate all you need is a 9v battery the ones from a smoke detector, ask around man cos i know thats how my brother gets films, by touching two wires at the back. sky only send a signal down the line in the UK so really you are just doing that. Might sound daft but it works