Hatton v Mayweather is ON!

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Taz_786, Jul 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6920484.stm

Finally looks like its going to happen, most likely in December with Ricky moving up to 147lb.

So in the next few months we've Calzaghe v Kessler and Mayweather v Hatton - all of them unbeaten.

Mouthwatering stuff!

Hope its in Vegas, im definitely going this time...cant wait! 8)
  2. Should be one helluva fight.
  3. There's no official announcement on where it is, but it looks like the MGM Grand in Las Vegas is the favourite. I'm gonna book my trip ASAP when everything becomes clearer. I think Hatton is gonna move up for this one, but it's not a bad move like before, as Mayweather is not a natural welterweight. It's gonna be a big event - this is the big one!!
  4. Any predictions?

My heart says Ricky but head says Floyd by split decision.

Its potentially fight of the year, a classic fighter v brawler contest. Regardless of who wins, its going to be a WAR!

There's rumours going round that the press conference might be held in the middle of Manchester in which case I might head up there myself and give Floyd a bit of stick!
  5. Well its going to be a cracker of a fight, the press conference is being held here in Manchester, not sure of date, but i'll be there, wish he was fighting over here in Manc again though.
  6. Hattons got a better KO rate, So even though Mayweather is a speed demand i think Hatton will have to much power. And not to mention Hatton has the heart of a Lion.
  7. Personally think Hatton's power will be too much for him. If Ricky trains hard for it which im sure he will, i think he will edge it.
  8. Not at welterweight he wont, it has already been proved that his punch dont carry up the weights.
  9. Hate to sat it but I think Hatton may struggle on this one. Good luck to him.
  10. Sandy's right - his power at welter is a bit of a concern. His showing against Luis Collazo last year showed that.
    They're already talking about this one being in the same mould as Leonard v Duran 1 in 1980. The difference is that Mayweather doesn't have the same heart of a lion that Sugar Ray had so won't get drawn into a brawl with Ricky. In fact, watch for a safety-first performance from Mayweather. This is what worries me about this - Floyd will do exactly what he did against Oscar De La Hoya and run all night. But it'll be a great night whatever happens.

That press conference in Manchester will be awesome. Thousands are expected. When was the last time you saw a British fighter with this kind of manic following?
  11. Mayweather is a top boxer and i know its only a short time in retirement but Hatton will be to strong for him.The Hitman will wear him down with body shots and take him out around the 8th.
  12. Mayweather fights in bursts. Ricky will have to take it to him and sap his energy with some body shots.

Too close to call.

But I hope Ricky pummels the fcuker.
  13. Just found out my mucker has got tickets to see the ricky fight in vegas. anyone want to help me burgle his house? As the guru said, i hope ricky pummels his smug gobby face into the canvas . 7th round! ends with a belly smashing body shot !
  14. How can he have tickets when they aint even on sale yet and the venue or date hasnt been confirmed yet