Hats off to the crabs again

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Evilgoblin, Feb 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm in danger of making a habit out of this, but alas the crabs have done something right again :(

Just put my gore-tex in to be re-proofed. Never had that offered by an Army QM...EVER!
  2. Never heard of that i'm surprised they just didn't get you a new set.
  3. GORETEX..........................RE PROOFED!

Must be a wah then.

How do you re proof something that works off the size of its weave?
    Re weave it?

WAH WAH WAH WAH! (to the tune of the ads coming on in Corro)

You've been done my son!!
  4. That did come to mind, however it aparently has a water repellent coating as well just to up its effectiveness. You learn something new every day!
  5. my civvie gortex jacket mentions reproofing. Sounded like it was easy to do
  6. If thats the case then please accept my apologies,

But if not, you've been WAH'D ME OLD MATE!
  7. they dont need reproofing just a good clean without detergent ;), if its less hasle and cheaper get some nikwax from millets £4 fill the bath with warm water and tip 2 cup fulls of that nikwax in with your jacket and let it soak for 1 hour take it out and dry and its good as new in the morning, good shit yea.
  8. Does that also mean that next time you have a bath your skin won't go all wrinkly?
  9. I think the RAF have there Gore-tex spunk proofed!
  10. Depends if your trying to be economic with the bath water.
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

That's the Navy,you clot! :p
  12. Only for when we have to talk to you sp**k dribbling pongos who haven't swallowed their boyfriends last load yet!
  13. And back flaps in the trousers Rum B*m and Baccy!!
  14. In the tumble drier at a low heat also helps 'reproofing'
  15. the waterproof part of your Gore tex is on the inside. It is a membrane. When it is knackered it is knackered. What is being topped up is the water repelent outer coating which is not, strictly, necessary.