Has the super injunction run it's course?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by oldbaldy, Feb 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Over the last months we have heard of the super injunctions obtained by Fred the Shred, Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs and others.
    One law firm even tried to gag what could be reported when an MP outed an oil company on the floor of the house.
    All these so called super injunctions have been rendered useless by the internet.
    Trafigura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, today, a law firm tries to enforce one but in doing so makes more of the world aware of it.
    A Mark Burby, someone I'd not heard of before, gave written evidence to The Joint Parliamentary Committee on Privacy and Injunctions, a committee I'd not heard of. He made accusations against the head of state of an Asian Country, these accusations had previously been the subject of a super injunction. His evidence was published on the Parliament's website.
    By writing to the committee to try to enforce this judgement have the lawyers shot themselves in the foot and rendered the injunction useless?
    Exclusive: Lawyers order Parliament to stop publishing super-injunction document - Telegraph
  2. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

So who'se the Head of State then?

Actually don't bother. Google is my friend, it can be yours too, and I don't want ARRSE to be injuncted.
  4. Has anybody ever been to Brunei?
  5. Twice, but not in a Tropper way.
  6. Mr_Fingerz

You mean it wasn't raining and one of your oppos didn't try to shoot you?
  7. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

I thought I'd given enough clues of where to search without saying a name.
  8. If you don't want your discretions printed in the press... don't be naughty.

Simple enough concept.

Oh, and if you are caught out... be a man about it.
  9. Some friends we have if this is bonafide.
  10. You are Yoda and I claim my £5.

Naming the names:

EDITED TO REMOVE NAMES - but they're easy enough to find on the web.
  11. Ahhh....the great British super injunction...hahahahahaha! Just makes your institutions look foolish...
  12. Mr_Fingerz

The injunction against Burby only covers England and Wales (so if the Arrse servers are hosted outside of that juristiction you should be OK, but I suspect that it's better to be on the safe side).
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anyone know which bits we can say?

I mean, in what order it would be ok to post words like:

Prior knowledge
    High level corruption
  14. You've missed a couple of others out.

15. Mr_Fingerz

If you want all of the sordid details, just go to Twitter and #burby.

Parliament is taking a dim view of the claimants solicitor trying to do a trafigura on them.