Has The Nobel Peace Prize embarassed Obama ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ALVIN, Dec 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In light of 30,000 more U.S troops being sent into combat, Do you think that the award of The Nobel Peace prize has somewhat embarassed President Obama ?

2. I'm not a fan of the Afghan war, but sometimes peace has to be fought for.

3. Obama got the prize because he trashed Bush, in the guise of McCain. There is no justification whatsoever for the award. The committee made a bad decision, however, they gave the same award to Al Gore, Yassar Arafat anf Jimmy Carter...so much for credibility.

4. He's incapable of embarrassment, and the Nobel committee loves being sprayed with his Bukkakke

5. The decision was taken after Obama had only been in office 6 weeks - I know the first 100 days are meant to be important, but the Nobel Peace Prize in 42 is good going by anyone's standards...

6. Embarrassed? Stop it, you're killing me. :lol:

Right for the last time, human being...politician....human being...politician...Got it?

7. Hate to be a train-spotter, but, the cut-off date for nominations was 12 days after Obama took office.

More importantly, has the Nominator been identified?

8. Probably more embarrassing for the committee than for Obama, I would have thought.

9. forgive me, I was at a seventies/eighties themed party over the weekend..."Fighting for peace is like fcuking for virginity".

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

10. I know. I've just seen the pictures.

[​IMG]