Has the Infantry lost the plot, or are the Old and Bold just old

NSP

LE
So The School of Infantry School faceache page now has an LGBT flag as the backdrop to an Infantry Soldier
I didn't think the forces, like the old bill, were allowed to be overtly - or even covertly - political...?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It still gets me when I see it and I think "WTF" is the world coming to?
Both my kids think it a bit weird.
My grandkids (two of whom are scrabbling out of their twenties) see absolutely nothing strange with it and neither do my nieces and nephews.

May I'm getting old and lost the bold as well.
This.

Most of my friends' kids that I speak to think the same as us old 'uns. They find themselves having to live around the Woke bòllocks as well.

Rifleperson isn't that speciesist, what if they self identify as a helicopter?

Get with modern times. :)

The army are keen to emphasise that everyone is equal..................

except the RAF and the French

So The School of Infantry School faceache page now has an LGBT flag as the backdrop to an Infantry Soldier

and one of the Rifles faceache groups - (cant remember which one as it was early when I read it) has some fairly frank observations from former LI & RGJ on the intended dropping of the name 'Rifleman' as its sexist and from a bygone age and outdated. As you can imagine, that's sparked some outrage and the bus was already jam packed at 0730 this morning.

I dont consider myself to be past my sell by date, but I am no spring chicken. Is it time to move on and accept the world is changing? Are Riflepersons and Riflepeople the norm and if they want a same sex cuddle in a gonk bag, then fair play? Equally, does anyone give a shit? Do we want to spread love and peace and not war?

I found myself thinking FFS.
FFS sounds like a good rank......

Crikey. Glad I'm out.

Screenshot_20210203-223759_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Dwarf

LE
Get with modern times. :)

Young soldiers have to treat everyone with respect............
Except those they are told to kill.

They have to treat all races, genders or religions the same.......

They are taught not to say or do offensive things to others..........

The army are keen to emphasise that everyone is equal..................
But I think you have to say sorry first.

A fair point but I struggle with the image of the type of person an LBGT flag would appeal to sticking a bayonet in someone’s face. The juxtaposition between LGBT and bayoneting someone is an image I can’t quite get my head around
Why? I know homosexuals who joined the infantry, and who attend London Pride when they can. I've seen them with LGBT flags.

Where you like to stick your willy doesn't necessarily have an impact on your suitability / desire to join the infantry.

Why? I know homosexuals who joined the infantry, and who attend London Pride when they can. I've seen them with LGBT flags.

Where you like to stick your willy doesn't necessarily have an impact on your suitability / desire to join the infantry.

No one really cares, it's a good excuse for a joke though

I recall, with a certain affection, many of the acronym's used during Op Banner which were mostly non-sexist back in the day - so one could argue that the old and bold were the pioneers of woke-speak. I give you a few for example..................the sting, however, is in the tail:

FELIX
TOPCAT
RUCKSACK
HAWKEYE
SUNRAY (not only a 'Banner thing', but hey!)
SUNRAY MINOR (admittedly a bit 'ageist')
ACORN
NISUN
SEAGULL

There were of course, many others, but the most ingenious non-sexist one had to be that applied to the ladies of the WRAC
I give you ...............................COFFEE POT

Dwarf

LE

Given some of the horrors I've seen the lads go through I sincerely hope not.

Latest Threads