Has the Infantry lost the plot, or are the Old and Bold just old

So The School of Infantry School faceache page now has an LGBT flag as the backdrop to an Infantry Soldier

and one of the Rifles faceache groups - (cant remember which one as it was early when I read it) has some fairly frank observations from former LI & RGJ on the intended dropping of the name 'Rifleman' as its sexist and from a bygone age and outdated. As you can imagine, that's sparked some outrage and the bus was already jam packed at 0730 this morning.

I dont consider myself to be past my sell by date, but I am no spring chicken. Is it time to move on and accept the world is changing? Are Riflepersons and Riflepeople the norm and if they want a same sex cuddle in a gonk bag, then fair play? Equally, does anyone give a shit? Do we want to spread love and peace and not war?

I found myself thinking FFS.

Anyone for beef bayonet?

Social media is all about engagement, and one of its main functions is to act as a recruiting tool (many units totally miss this point).
If there’s a rainbow behind the badge then it may be the nudge a person needs to join, unless of course they read the comments on the ITC Instagram from overly sensitive men (for some reason loads of Americans), which completely undermines the whole influence effort the main page is running.

One thing I have realised over the years is that it’s not for our benefit, it’s for the young’uns.

Edit: Since it’s the NAAFI, something about ‘the herm’

Social media is all about engagement, and one of its main functions is to act as a recruiting tool (many units totally miss this point).
If there’s a rainbow behind the badge then it may be the nudge a person needs to join, unless of course they read the comments on the ITC Instagram from overly sensitive men (for some reason loads of Americans), which completely undermines the whole influence effort the main page is running.

One thing I have realised over the years is that it’s not for our benefit, it’s for the young’uns.

Edit: Since it’s the NAAFI, something about ‘the herm’
A fair point but I struggle with the image of the type of person an LBGT flag would appeal to sticking a bayonet in someone’s face. The juxtaposition between LGBT and bayoneting someone is an image I can’t quite get my head around

At the end of the day, some beefers want to stick bayonets in baddies faces. We should appeal to these types.

The art will be not putting off normal lads by making it look like we will treat non-straight, non-white, non-males preferentially.

My message would be - "I don't give a **** who you are, if you screw the nut, you're alright."

Slime

LE
A fair point but I struggle with the image of the type of person an LBGT flag would appeal to sticking a bayonet in someone’s face. The juxtaposition between LGBT and bayoneting someone is an image I can’t quite get my head around

Get with modern times. :)

Young soldiers have to treat everyone with respect............
Except those they are told to kill.

They have to treat all races, genders or religions the same.......

They are taught not to say or do offensive things to others..........

The army are keen to emphasise that everyone is equal..................

So The School of Infantry School faceache page now has an LGBT flag as the backdrop to an Infantry Soldier

and one of the Rifles faceache groups - (cant remember which one as it was early when I read it) has some fairly frank observations from former LI & RGJ on the intended dropping of the name 'Rifleman' as its sexist and from a bygone age and outdated. As you can imagine, that's sparked some outrage and the bus was already jam packed at 0730 this morning.

I dont consider myself to be past my sell by date, but I am no spring chicken. Is it time to move on and accept the world is changing? Are Riflepersons and Riflepeople the norm and if they want a same sex cuddle in a gonk bag, then fair play? Equally, does anyone give a shit? Do we want to spread love and peace and not war?

I found myself thinking FFS.

Linky no worky.

linky.jpg

Does this mean some like it up em

It still gets me when I see it and I think "WTF" is the world coming to?
Both my kids think it a bit weird.
My grandkids (two of whom are scrabbling out of their twenties) see absolutely nothing strange with it and neither do my nieces and nephews.

May I'm getting old and lost the bold as well.

Latest Threads