Has the indian cricket move to SA decision saved UK lives?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by headgear, Mar 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/7958664.stm

Just a bit of idle speculation:

On the face of it the decision to move the cricket to south africa was a lost opportunity to bring some cash into the UK.

However I think there would've been a high likelihood of copycat terrorist actions taking place if it came here - it would ve been simply too juicy and tempting to radicals.

So as sad as it is to say it I think some lives may have just been saved.

then again I could be wrong!

2. Nah, I don't think lived have been saved. It's saved a lot of hassle for the police and other services and i'm sure we'd have coped. But we have lost some money which i'm not sure would have been worth the hassle.

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Cricket in England in April? Have you looked out the window?

4. IIRC, thats when the season starts! Obviously it would've been a washout, but nice idea!

5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

mm having a barbie and a couple of beers at Newlands with the sun shining or sitting under an umbrella at Lords - damn these tough choices!!!

6. Nah - Kevin Pietersen's more likely to be lynched down there.......

7. Dam fcuking straight

8. but he is as Engerlish as the day is long.

9. Good, let them feck off to SA to play cricket. :evil:

Will somebody have a re-think about the Olympics ? Mag-to-Grid, we can't afford them and every tin pot Islamo-fascist will probably be on Phase 3 of their planning cycle for the opening. :twisted:

Too expensive...too much bother, so let's grasp that nettle and say to the world, "Look, we're skint and kinda busy right now, sorry, but we would much rather spend our dosh on more deserving causes.....not addidas, nike and steroid manufacturers. :wink:

Grumpy ? Only when scandalous wedges of money are wasted.... so that's me grumpy all the time then. :evil:

Await in-coming.

10. Difficult choice I agree.....NOT!!

:D :D

11. Best thing about it going to SA is that after the tournament we wont have to search the country for all the people who would have used it to stay illegally. Thank god for british weather!!!!