Has the DIN screwed ARRSE?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biped, Sep 3, 2007.

?
  1. Yes, it's DOOMED, they've done for us!

3.0%
  2. Nah, eveyone is on Ops or R&R

60.6%
  3. They're watching from the sidelines and waiting to pounce.

36.4%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Maybe it's just me, but I have noted a huge drop in input from serving personnel, and not much talk at all anymore about current forces matters.

Has the DIN done what it was designed to and stopped a majority of the input and discussions in places like ARRSE?

2. It's August - everyones on leave

(Well it was last week - and now they're catching up)

3. Probably just leave or ops.

Look on the bright side, it leaves more bandwidth for those "Women and..." threads we all love so much.

4. The DIN silenced ARRSE?? Never!!

We will fight them on the beaches etc etc

Besides, most of the higher up ruperts probably either post on here or like to keep tabs on what the troops are thinking / saying (except for MDNs thoughts, he can keep those to himself!)

5. I'm sorry, I can't answer that question. May I refer you to the Unit Press Officer......

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Phew, thank goodness for that! I was getting the distinct feeling that things were awfully quiet, and that the pathetic gobment/mod attempts to make everything look great in the rose garden by building walls to hide the rotting vegetation was beginning to have an effect.

7. Don't be daft biped, if a gagging order was put on ARRSE where would all the journos go? We still have freedom of speech in this country (I think)

8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I couldn't possibly say.

However, two good indicators:

1. ARRSE has not been blocked on DII
    2. Many people only started back at work today!

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Freedom of speech eh? Well can I still say "Mr Broon sir, you are a facking joc-cock-jockey of the first order!"?

10. Course you can, just hide under the coffee table if you get a knock at the door from a group of serious men with menacing briefcases and thin watches :)