Has someone actually found "The Thing"?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Infiltrator, Feb 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought the Russians were pretty brave tapping in to that lake that hadn't seen air in millenia!!!

Wasn't the head a human hosts head? Get's chopped off, and then sprouts legs? You know it's time to go when you see that sh1t!!!
    • Like Like x 1

2. Admttedly the 1951 film 'The thing from another world' (known as just 'the thing' up until the 1982 relese of the above) was just as scary!!!

Impressive how even with out CGI and 'smurfs' films used to be prety good.
  3. Scared the shit out of me when I saw it on Video aged 20 something, might have been the beer that suspended disbelief!
  4. IIRC, there is a tradition by the Americans in the Antarctic to watch the film every winter. That must be scary, watching it down there!

I also believe that the recent film of The Thing was meant to initially be a remake, however, the director in the end felt that it would be impossible to better John Carpenters version and that's why it ended up being a prequel ending where John Carpenters starts.
  5. The shocker for me was the 'stomach mouth'...
  6. It's a haggis!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It was sent to us on South Georgia in 1986, funny feckers picking the films for us.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so I should probably be working....
  8. Found "The Thing"? I nearly got engaged to it!
  9. I married it.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Watching "The Thing" has been identified by the NHS as a being a trigger event for people undergoing the on-set of schizophrenia in their teens or early twenties.
  12. Hang on, a fire in the Antarctic?
  13. Intense dry cold conditions creates a fire risk just as dry heat does.

Timber and other materials become tinder dry.