Has my computer, or has ARRSE, picked-up a virus??

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by RCT(V), Mar 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know it was late last night, when I posted a few items - but I'm certain I'd spelled and punctuated correctly. I normally work off-line, spell-check, and "copy & post" anyway.

This morning looking at responses, etc, most of the correct punctuation I used last night, has been replaced with question-marks (?). It has continued through - where others "quoted" my post in their own, damn question-marks everywhere.

Other posts by other contributors (but not all), seem to be similarly afflicted. Question-marks, where something else should be.

Is is (just) me?? (deliberate question-marks that time!!)

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

And how much were we drinking last night? :D

Generally that's my problem...... :wink:

3. NO! really I wasn't, hadn't, didn't!!

Moderator Mr Happy, is now dealing with it and he seems to know the problem/answer. For those within this forum who might be interested, I sent the following to Mr Happy, as an example of what had purturbed me earlier.

On page two of the following thread,

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=90707/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=20.html

my post is the ninth one down.

I sent you the PM, after I tidied-up/corrected, what I thought might have been my late night mistakes.

But, if you look at fangy1’s post immediately below mine, he “quoted” my post (number nine), and the changes are still in the quote within his post, that I was presented with this morning.

4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

It may be something to do with THIS

5. RCT(V), have you done san with your anti virus software, it will tell you if yo have any viruses etc?

Stilts