Has Keith Vaz MP had his snout in the trough?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Wordsmith, Oct 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

The telegraph is reporting the interesting possibility that Keith Vaz has been - how shall we say - less than honest in reporting his income.

Secret police probe into Labour MP's £500,000 - Telegraph

Here's an example:

Still, I'm sure there is an innocent explanation for paying nearly £29,000 in cash into a bank account inside a year.

Wordsmith

2. Is a fish's head waterproof?

3. News would be of an MP who hasn't had/got his snout in the trough or sitting in first class on the gravy train.

• Like Like x 3
  4. I really hope he has been up to no good. I'd love to see this sanctimonious **** up in front of a committee.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hold on - I've got a spare bit of carpet here which will be needed. Anyone got the brush cos nothing ever sticks to this slime-ball.

6. Better still in front of a judge in the Old Bailey

• Like Like x 3
  7. Was he not implicated back in 2000 - 2001 in the cash for passport scandal involving Indian businessmen wanting British passports? Seems like he can't help himself.

8. A piss poor attempt to smear a Labour MP by bringing up transactions between 1998 and 2001 which have already been fully investigated.

Now let's see what else is happening?

1. The Met are again at war with Parliament.
    2. He is the chair of the Home Affairs Committee.
    3. Day two of the Labour Party Conference.

Some of the allegations in there are purile e.g.

9. Is that faecal matter found in an arboreal location possibly ursine in origin?

Can it be true that the Pontiff is a member of the Church of Rome.

At the end of the last Labour government, UK work visas were available on demand to the employees of certain "preferred" companies. Employees of those companies were also granted tax free status in the UK. They paid no income tax or national insurance while British workers sitting in the same office were soaked.

I very much hope that Mr Vaz has an appointment with a large gentleman called Bubba.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Did you by any chance come to a similar conclusion about the recent problem with the governments chief whip?

11. Fairly similar except the bad behavior was current. Those Police Logs didn't disclose themselves now did they?

• Like Like x 1
  12. On the contrary, like too many other politicians he can help himself.

• Like Like x 1
  13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Hope he's going to be nailed. Need something to celebrate St Schadenfreude's Day now that the Chief Whip seems to me to have got away with calling the No.10 plod liars.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Keith Vaz (and his sister) have had their snouts in deep in the trough for at least 10 years.
    Ask the people of Leicester about the Keith Vaz personal fiefdom ... Allegedly. Does anyone remember
    his convenient heart 'trouble' when last investigated under the Blair Government ...

• Like Like x 1