Has Hoon visited any units recently?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by LostBoss, Dec 3, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...and did he ask for questions?
  2. He was in Sarajevo yesterday, whether he spoke to anyone other than Gen Leakey and Paddy Ashdown is anyones guess...
  3. I suppose he could kick things off by asking the audience one first:

"Why does no-one like me, why does this Tea taste funny and how come all of you are wearing your respirators?"
  4. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

Afghanistan a week or two ago. Probably asked the East Midlands Heavy Motor Rifle Regt how they felt about becoming the Mercians - Joy! :(
  5. Does Arrse count as a unit?
  6. Yes, but it's split into two wings.
  7. He was indeed at MeS, Afghjanistan 3 weeks ago. Poor man had great difficulty working out how to fasten his C130 seatbelt (had to be shown on 4 seperate occassions!). The best bit was when his ever-so-professional CP man left his ever-so-flash weapon on the Herc when he left. We didn't smile much.
    I've only ever spoken to him once when he arrived in Kabul just after we sappers had finished mending the holes in the runway and clearing the place of ordnance (with 5131 RAF EOD, I hasten to add). He complained that it was cold in the waiting room, and what asked what we were doing about it :? ...
  8. did you tell him that the sop was to put a softie on?
  9. Seems to sum up his whole attitude to the forces that we are his toy to serve his purposes cnut :evil:
  10. He visited us in Basrah last year, just after the 'official' shooting had stopped, and when asked by the CO if he would like to speak to the troops, declined. Again, sums him up. Oxygen thief.
  11. Gosh DM, you certainly gave the precised version there :D