Has fear of the Padre killed another thread?

#3
jarrod248 said:
I wasn't offended it's an item of news. It's what people post that is the problem, maybe they should engage brain before typing.
At least you had the chance to debate with them rather than just censoring them. You might offend people with your views.
 
#4
The subject will always raise (if you pardon the pun!) baitings and bites and some very dark humour, but to just lock it 'because' seems a bit pants to me and the start of the slippery slope to sensorship, either politically motivated or to appease site sponsors.
 
#5
Some things are beyond debate. The right of the individual to run their lives and property as they see fit vs the state imposing its morality on them is not one of those things. In my time on this board I've seen debate with a supporter of the IRA, it says a lot when thats seen as ok (as it should be) but discussion about morality is not.
 
#6
jarrod248 said:
stacker1 said:
jarrod248 said:
I wasn't offended it's an item of news. It's what people post that is the problem, maybe they should engage brain before typing.
At least you had the chance to debate with them rather than just censoring them. You might offend people with your views.
I do offend people with my views on most things.
Better get the MODs to ban you then.
 
#7
StickyToffeePudding said:
The subject will always raise (if you pardon the pun!) baitings and bites and some very dark humour, but to just lock it 'because' seems a bit pants to me and the start of the slippery slope to sensorship, either politically motivated or to appease site sponsors.
Sensorship? Doesn't that come under ISTAR?
 
#8
Temple said:
StickyToffeePudding said:
The subject will always raise (if you pardon the pun!) baitings and bites and some very dark humour, but to just lock it 'because' seems a bit pants to me and the start of the slippery slope to sensorship, either politically motivated or to appease site sponsors.
Sensorship? Doesn't that come under ISTAR?
Sh!t, it's censorship, isn't it, b0ll0x spelling...
 
#9
I can't see anything particularly offensive on there and, either way, the padre's still a cnut. Strange that some people can't discuss any gay issue that comes up in Current Affairs without using terms like 'fudge packer' though. Crack on, it means nothing on an internet site and I'd rather people had the freedom to say it rather than be censored. Bet they wouldn't post the word 'nigger' with quite the same abandon though...
 
#10
wager said:
Some things are beyond debate. The right of the individual to run their lives and property as they see fit vs the state imposing its morality on them is not one of those things. In my time on this board I've seen debate with a supporter of the IRA, it says a lot when thats seen as ok (as it should be) but discussion about morality is not.
How is being an arrse bandit a question about morality? I myself have attempted (sometimes successfully) to engage the young ladys secondary objective.
 
#11
wedge35 said:
I can't see anything particularly offensive on there and, either way, the padre's still a cnut. Strange that some people can't discuss any gay issue that comes up in Current Affairs without using terms like 'fudge packer' though. Crack on, it means nothing on an internet site and I'd rather people had the freedom to say it rather than be censored. Bet they wouldn't post the word 'nigger' with quite the same abandon though...
I dunno - that twat that started banging on about paedo's being tolerated in the future etc was probably why it got locked. As Jarrod said - people should think before they post. But we all know that's nigh-on impossible on here... :roll:
 
#12
wedge35 said:
Bet they wouldn't post the word 'nigger' with quite the same abandon though...
Maybe black people can punch harder than poofs?

Although in reality its because is people did start calling people niggers on this site, most of the site would defend black people (if the MODs dont jump in first) where as being gay isnt as popular as people like to make out so fewer people will defend you.
Besides it wasn't a black padre who fucked things up.
 
#14
wedge35 said:
I can't see anything particularly offensive on there and, either way, the padre's still a cnut. Strange that some people can't discuss any gay issue that comes up in Current Affairs without using terms like 'fudge packer' though. Crack on, it means nothing on an internet site and I'd rather people had the freedom to say it rather than be censored. Bet they wouldn't post the word 'nigger' with quite the same abandon though...
I couldn't see either, which is why I was puzzeled why it was locked.
 
#16
stacker1 said:
wedge35 said:
Bet they wouldn't post the word 'nigger' with quite the same abandon though...
Maybe black people can punch harder than poofs?

Although in reality its because is people did start calling people niggers on this site, most of the site would defend black people (if the MODs dont jump in first) where as being gay isnt as popular as people like to make out so fewer people will defend you.
Besides it wasn't a black padre who fucked things up.
Ah I see - it depends on how popular a particular group are as to whether people have the chads to abuse them. And I couldn't give a fcuk whether the padre was gay, straight or martian - he doesn't represent me and what he did to this site was sh1tty. Like I said, free speech should include the right to be offensive. You gopping, lard-arrsed, blanket-stacking, breeder cnut.
 
#17
I actually feel sorry for the landlady. I have no problems with gays, but some people do, ether for religious reasons or lack of understanding, but to - excuse the expression - have it rammed down their throat - seems a bit much if they don't agree with it.

What would have happened if the B & B was run by a Muslim, who, I understand, don't officially approve of mano e mano action?

Does Muslim belief trump gay rights? Is there some sort of chart somewhere? I presume being a Muslim is like a Royal Flush, then does being gay beat being black?
 
#18
Perhaps it was not seen as something for a military site to get worked up about? When I was a sweaty-palmed teenage soldier I tried to take my then girlfriend to a Brighton B&B and was refused because the landlady wouldn't believe that Mr & Mrs Smith were really married. Back then the owner had the right to refuse entry and didn't even have to give a reason.
I can think of many reasons to get outraged by events in this world but I'm afraid this one does nothing at all for me. I should imagine it has more to do with mods spotting another non-story and not really being bothered to have to moderate it.
 
#19
JoeCivvie said:
I actually feel sorry for the landlady. I have no problems with gays, but some people do, ether for religious reasons or lack of understanding, but to - excuse the expression - have it rammed down their throat - seems a bit much if they don't agree with it.

What would have happened if the B & B was run by a Muslim, who, I understand, don't officially approve of mano e mano action?

Does Muslim belief trump gay rights? Is there some sort of chart somewhere? I presume being a Muslim is like a Royal Flush, then does being gay beat being black?
Interesting question, if you had to choose to be one, would you be gay or black?
 
#20
wedge35 said:
Ah I see - it depends on how popular a particular group are as to whether people have the chads to abuse them. And I couldn't give a fcuk whether the padre was gay, straight or martian - he doesn't represent me and what he did to this site was sh1tty. Like I said, free speech should include the right to be offensive. You gopping, lard-arrsed, blanket-stacking, breeder cnut.
I am not lard arsed.
But yes it is how popular a group is, thats life. People aren't going to change their opinions just because the law says those opinions are wrong.
Gays are not that popular, most mainstream religions are against them, people like Tatchell and the Padre don't exactly endear people to them, they are executed in some countries, So don't be to surprised if people couldn't give a fuck about offending you.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts