Has everyone abandoned ARRSE for Facebook?

Come on, chaps! Your REAL friends are here!

Or is everyone* on hols or submerged?

* Yeah, I know there is still some chatter but it's way down on the baiting and banter of olden times.

Perhaps all the subjects have been covered?

How many times does somebody start a thread, only to be told "You should have used the Search function - it's been discussed before."

Maybe there's actually no TA any more. Everyone's just off getting to know their families, being promoted at work, etc.

No one has been told because passage of info is, as per, shoyte.

putteesinmyhands said:
Perhaps all the subjects have been covered?

How many times does somebody start a thread, only to be told "You should have used the Search function - it's been discussed before."
aye agree here....been wondering same thing about boards past week or so

Is there a war on somewhere that nobody's told me about? There's that thing in the Sahel which is a bit hush-hush ...

No! Don't tell me we've invaded France and somehow I was left off the invitation list!

You mean to tell me that all those bods who witter on (like puttees) about what the TA was like back before the interlude when the Russians stopped being our enemy for a while, 58 pattern webbing, the SLR, ten-man compo, small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, etc., etc., are actually cadets?

Ahhh! The days when the T in TA actually meant something. We weren't "reserves" but intended as the front-line fighting force (for a few minutes as we gave the Soviet tanks a few soggy lumps to negotiate, slowing down their advance and allowing time for somebody to decide whether Mutually Assured Destruction had an appropriate acronym).

Are you getting at me, Dr E?

Latest Threads