Has ARRSE been "got at"?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Ex-Ten, May 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since about 12:00 today when viewing threads the posters ID box has moved from the side to the top of posts and many avatars seem to have been replaced with images from (possibly dodgy) pop up ads.Do we have intruders messing with the site?

2. No problem my end on Win7, Chrome and Avast Antivirus

3. Nowt wrong when I browse around arrse, have you been looking at dodgy sites again?

4. Not seen. Have you run a virus scan on your system?

5. msr

msr LE

Ex-ten,

Which antivirus are you using?

m-s-r

6. That's odd, the "reply with quote" button doesn't load now.I'm running Win 7 with Google Chrome browser and McAfee AV. Full scan run yesterday but I'll shut down now and run another full scan.Back in about an hour!

7. msr

msr LE

• Like Like x 2
  8. I have just come onto the site and everything seems to be O.K. with my system.

9. No probs with Win 7 & Firefox, running AVG.

10. OK, I'm now on an old desktop machine (Win XP & FireFox) all looks as it should. Seems I've got a gremlin in the laptop (ooh matron!).

I shall give the portable one a full enema and see how that goes!

11. As msr says, sack off McAfee. It's keek.

12. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

All well but, perhaps as a reward for reviewing a book about China, I seem sometimes to be presented with what I take is an ad, but it is in Chinese. One of the bizarre marvels of Google I suppose. Perhaps it is advertising Juicy Lucy a mere 10,000 miles away.

13. OK, the virus scan didn't find anything but as soon as I cleared out the cookies everything went back to normal.

All is good again!!

14. .... like this ?

Chinese Print.jpg

Edited to add ..

It could be a review of these young ladies on parade ... Chinese Beautiful Pink Army March Past

15. Clearing the cookies and temporary flies will probably fix that too, I just need to find a setting to automatically dump them at shutdown.