Has ARRSE been "got at"?

Since about 12:00 today when viewing threads the posters ID box has moved from the side to the top of posts and many avatars seem to have been replaced with images from (possibly dodgy) pop up ads.Do we have intruders messing with the site?

That's odd, the "reply with quote" button doesn't load now.I'm running Win 7 with Google Chrome browser and McAfee AV. Full scan run yesterday but I'll shut down now and run another full scan.Back in about an hour!

OK, I'm now on an old desktop machine (Win XP & FireFox) all looks as it should. Seems I've got a gremlin in the laptop (ooh matron!).

I shall give the portable one a full enema and see how that goes!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
All well but, perhaps as a reward for reviewing a book about China, I seem sometimes to be presented with what I take is an ad, but it is in Chinese. One of the bizarre marvels of Google I suppose. Perhaps it is advertising Juicy Lucy a mere 10,000 miles away.

OK, the virus scan didn't find anything but as soon as I cleared out the cookies everything went back to normal.

All is good again!!

Also use CCEnhancer, it extends CCleaners reach, so to speak. Also useful to run Search and Destroy, although that takes a while to clean, even on an SSD.

Latest Threads