• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Has anyone read 'Summer Soldier' by Phil Williams ex Scots Guards and Falklands vet?

Link to Amazon page here Summer Soldier: Amazon.co.uk: Philip Williams, M.S. Power: 9780747505983: Books I'm not sure about getting this book as whilst I find Phillip's story highly intriguing, I suspect the co-author had an axe to grind against the army and Thatcher. However the story does intrigue me greatly, if anyone's read it and recommends it I'll buy a copy. Also if any former Scots Guards actually have any further information on this story I'd love to hear it out of personal interest. I suspect Phil was very unfortunate in both his dealings with the army and his co-author but of course I cannot judge at this stage, thoughts anyone?

I read this book years ago and actually remember the incident during the Falklands war, I seem to remember that he took a bit of flak with the inevitable allegations from armchair warriors regarding cowardice etc. but there for the grace of god!

Not a bad book actually

Latest Threads