Has anyone got a flat bed truck and a crane that I can borrow?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Thats a massive undertaking to support and dismantle an airframe that size, and to move it by road
I hope it goes to a museum preferably inside, it is a major part of our aviation heritage, and a link to the cold war, and the men that flew them

Truxx

LE
Thats a massive undertaking to support and dismantle an airframe that size, and to move it by road
I hope it goes to a museum preferably inside, it is a major part of our aviation heritage, and a link to the cold war, and the men that flew them
Hell of a job to move. Over 40 tons I should think so would have to be chain-sawed into lumps. I may however tease my mate Rob Pleming.

It was claimed to have fewer hours on it than the Victors that were still flying.....oh! and a valuable source of bits n bobs to keep the other ones flying.

It was claimed to have fewer hours on it than the Victors that were still flying.....oh! and a valuable source of bits n bobs to keep the other ones flying.
There are airworthy Victors??!! I'm curious where and for what purpose they are used. But it is of course an astonishing surprise that an airframe, abandoned in British weather, should deteoriate in any way (which is why they want to get rid of it, it's falling to bits).

There are airworthy Victors??!! I'm curious where and for what purpose they are used. But it is of course an astonishing surprise that an airframe, abandoned in British weather, should deteoriate in any way (which is why they want to get rid of it, it's falling to bits).
Note the use of the past tense in my post, especially the word "were". The Victors were phased out in 1993. I was involved in their disposal.

Dr Death

Clanker
Trying to work out if my wife would divorce me if I got it?
Son & Daughter both think it would be cool, Wife thinks we have been on the booze/drugs.
Heck of a great plane to have, part of the famous V bombers of the 1950's cold war.

Those Victors just look evil.

Totally evil.
Well it was designed to come barrelling in to drop nukes on your head, during the third world war, and the end of all life as we know it. So making it look like a fluffy rainbow farting unicorn wasn't really on the cards.

Well it was designed to come barrelling in to drop nukes on your head, during the third world war, and the end of all life as we know it. So making it look like a fluffy rainbow farting unicorn wasn't really on the cards.
But the millions facing death would have been thinking happy thoughts as they were vaporised!

Fly it to its new home. It’ll be reet.

Latest Threads