Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone done a COVID risk assessment for their game shoot ?

People are very litigious if they are personally financially disadvantaged ie forced to take 2 weeks unpaid leave in self isolation etc.
But, how would they be able to say they contracted (or not) Covid at that shoot?

It could be argued that the virus was contracted elsewhere and the person involved was not showing any symptoms.
It's a highly contagious little bugger, so no matter what precautions are taken it will find a way to spread.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
But, how would they be able to say they contracted (or not) Covid at that shoot?

It could be argued that the virus was contracted elsewhere and the person involved was not showing any symptoms.
It's a highly contagious little bugger, so no matter what precautions are taken it will find a way to spread.

The potential to catch Legionaires disease from contaminated water lines at the dentist rests on a single case in Italy when a little old lady's only trip out in weeks was to the dentist.

Even now I am seeing folk who claim that the trip to the dentist is their first outing since March.

They could easily not be out for a couple of weeks prior to a shoot or at least claim not to have been.

So you’re not going to get a ban for homophobia and I did for expressing my views on animal cruelty?
I am not scared of you chutney ferrits I was just employing my right to infer that in my humble opinion you like the cock. Nothing wrong with that it's just not the sort of thing you want rammed down your throat.
Live and let kill and all that. Good luck to you sir and I hope you get a bit of sweet corn on the tip next time you indulge in some up hill gardening.

Mick9abf

War Hero
Temp testing isn’t of much benefit without other measures to back it up Mick.

I don’t know but along with other social distancing measures it must be assessed to make some difference if it is taken before you come into contact with other people as a high temperature is one of the Covid-19 symptoms no?

I had my temperature taken before being allowed into the hairdresser last week and noticed there is someone standing on the gate of the meat processing plant near my work wearing PPE and taking all the staff temperatures prior to entering the gate to the premises so I imagine it’s in government issued guidelines but since it’s not my job to write or enforce them I’ve not bothered my arrse looking into it to be honest.

A lot of the precautions to prevent the spread of Covid are basic common sense and cleanliness.
If you are feeling a bit rough and have a temperature then get a test sent to the house.
Hand sanitiser, use it, masks in shops.. Its not difficult.

Annoying yes. But what's worse, being annoyed or being dead?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I don’t know but along with other social distancing measures it must be assessed to make some difference if it is taken before you come into contact with other people as a high temperature is one of the Covid-19 symptoms no?

I had my temperature taken before being allowed into the hairdresser last week and noticed there is someone standing on the gate of the meat processing plant near my work wearing PPE and taking all the staff temperatures prior to entering the gate to the premises so I imagine it’s in government issued guidelines but since it’s not my job to write or enforce them I’ve not bothered my arrse looking into it to be honest.

Have worked throughout the lockdown in various health centres and hospitals.
Other than when working in a dedicated covid assessment centre, have not taken a single temperature.
No health care staff that I am aware of have had temperature recorded for going to work.
One of the care homes I visit does take my temperature, others do not.

Meat processing plants have been centres of infection through out this pandemic so probably why that precaution is being taken there.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We ask patients at time of booking appointment
Any fever, temperature, cough, loss of smell or taste.

We repeat again when they attend.

Latest Threads