Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone done a COVID risk assessment for their game shoot ?

ugly

LE
Ugly posted a useful link to the National Gamekeepers Organization guidelines a few posts up
Thanks, I would also recommend use of a large barn for briefings if the weather is against you and access to wipes/hand cleaner gel for everyone. The rule of 6 is going to crimp some social activities such as lunch and post shoot meals etc but there is no reason that with a little thought things cant be as convivial as before.

Thanks, I would also recommend use of a large barn for briefings if the weather is against you and access to wipes/hand cleaner gel for everyone. The rule of 6 is going to crimp some social activities such as lunch and post shoot meals etc but there is no reason that with a little thought things cant be as convivial as before.
I don't think shooting and sport in general is covered by the rule of 6 ?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Have done plenty for other environments.

Suspect similar criteria will be involved.

We're working on RAs for a return to scouting. As you can imagine, it's nigh on impossible to maintain social distancing etc among the kids, but we, as a troop, not the Scouts Association, have written something that ticks all the boxes. What actually happens on a troop night we wait to see, but the paperwork has been approved by County. From our point of view, we appear to be covered legally, but it will be impossible to prove a case of covid occurred on a troop night and not in the supermarket.

The 'private' advice from the SA is that as long as your paperwork is sorted, you're OK. Worrying about what might happen and how you might control a bunch of haribo'd up kids is out of scope. It's the paperwork that counts, not reality.

If your RA is robust, then what actually happens (handshake, etc) shouldn't be your problem.

Mick9abf

War Hero
In the process of preparing the RA for our syndicate prior to the first shoot next month .
We don't use a trailer , we tend to walk to most drives but have warned against :
Sharing cars , getting too close chatting at Elevenses , sharing guns , hand shakes
What else should one mention ?

I’ve been involved in a few shoots recently and first off temperatures are taken and noted with your details for guns/beaters/picker ups etc. Social distance in various wagons which you are assigned to with an arm band and wearing masks all the time whilst not on peg or on your own.

Elevenses aren’t as sociable and again it’s best to have one person to effectively cater with suitable PPE.

There is more, I will jar my mate for his risk assessment albeit it may be held in the factors office.

Clanker
I’ve been involved in a few shoots recently and first off temperatures are taken and noted with your details for guns/beaters/picker ups etc. Social distance in various wagons which you are assigned to with an arm band and wearing masks all the time whilst not on peg or on your own.

Elevenses aren’t as sociable and again it’s best to have one person to effectively cater with suitable PPE.

There is more, I will jar my mate for his risk assessment albeit it may be held in the factors office.

Temp testing isn’t of much benefit without other measures to back it up Mick.

Arguably the biggest risk is the fact that someone organising a shoot or gathering is asking how to assess the risk via the medium of Arrse..

...just saying like.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Temp testing isn’t of much benefit without other measures to back it up Mick.

Arguably the biggest risk is the fact that someone organising a shoot or gathering is asking how to assess the risk via the medium of Arrse..

...just saying like.

Asking for advice on ARRSE is often very productive in my experience.

Yes, you do sometimes need to shift through some shite but there's usually a few good nuggets

Once you have your Risk Assessment, send to everyone involved in the shoot and get them to sign/date they are aware of its contents.
This is something I see a bit and it bugs me.
Why send the assessment rather than a summary of the actions to take to bring the risk to acceptable levels?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
This is something I see a bit and it bugs me.
Why send the assessment rather than a summary of the actions to take to bring the risk to acceptable levels?
So, should someone contract C19, it is quite clear that the individual was aware of the risks and was happy to accept them.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
People are very litigious if they are personally financially disadvantaged ie forced to take 2 weeks unpaid leave in self isolation etc.

So, should someone contract C19, it is quite clear that the individual was aware of the risks and was happy to accept them.
The summary could cover that, couldn’t it?
Why send the whole assessment?

Latest Threads