Has anybody had dealings with this kit supplier?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Trackpen, Oct 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to buy a sword as a gift for my son who will be commissioned in the RAN in December.
    Given air-travel security I think it will be problematic to buy one in the UK before flying out - definitely not hand-carry, and I would not wish to entrust it to hold baggage!
    I have been looking around for a source in Aus and have come across these people:

Military Shop and SALT . It looks as if they are one and the same.

Has anybody had any dealings with them? Would I be safe ordering from them? Are there any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

2. The official Australian Army Shop (armyshop.com.au) sells Naval Swords. I hope at least this would be a trustworthy site!

3. Many thanks. That was the site I was looking at. I did not know that it was an official shop.

4. Trackpen, I would recommend getting some swords in hand and comparing them. The cheaper swords occasionally look and feel a bit cheaper.

There are a few other retailers in Oz - Christies in Sydney, Crusader Trading in Canberra, Lawrence Ordnance in Sydney ... probably a few others too.

Good luck.

5. Thanks for the response. The problem is I am in Europe and unable to look at them myself. Hence my appeal to the Aus ARSSE community.

6. Hi everyone, I currently work for this company. You are right in thinking we are the same company, which we are, there are the shops, Army, Air Force, RSL and Salt and then Military Shop which is the general shop for all things military.

Although I do work in sales here I am an ex Royal Signals and have posted things on here in the past. You can either give me a call on the numbers on the various websites or PM me on here (although I am not on here all that much anymore)

We can supply a RAN sword if you want to an address over here in Aus