Has anybody else noticed the subtle changes in the Sustainer

Discussion in 'RLC' started by thekey, Mar 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the changes that have started to appear in our beloved Corps Rag? The main one being the last page which includes some posts from this forum?

2. It seems to be more glossy than usual which prevents me from wiping my arse on it :twisted:

3. It cant just be me in the whole corps who actually reads it?

4. I think they drained the formaldhyde(?) out of the last editor and replaced him with someone with a pulse.

5. Still a fantastic read, if you like big trucks though.

6. But is it really worth the one days pay that you pay for it :?:

7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

If you think the Stainer is arrse and full of trucks then write some exciting non truck articles.

Although it is still bobbins.

8. Have noticed that whoever is doing the captions for the photos for 11EOD is a funny fcuker. "Finer points of darts" etc

9. Have you noticed that 11 EOD has loads of trucks but never mention them!!

10. General Melchett

Maybe 11 EOD should write an article on the super DAF 45 and other wonderous vehicles to make all the drivers jealous.

After all they all travel faster than the usual snails pace permitted in green fleet. :lol:

11. God! Do you guys ever stop? This is becoming nearly as dull as when the Corps rag used to feature postcards from the editors personal collection!

12. General Melchett

I used to love those old postcards.

13. I didn't realise you were supposed to read the words.

I thought you were only meant to look at the pictures to see if you could spot anybody who wasn't a tank transporter. (easier nowadays as they are mainly civvies).

14. Subtle changes in the spunkstainer? Well, part from shamelessly plagiarising threads from this very site, no. Its still shiite. I've always enjoyed the way that only officer and SNCO postings are shown. Nothing like engendering esprit de corps throughout the whole rank structure.

15. U MEAN THE SPUNKSTAINER IS ACTULLAY THE THE WAGON WHEEL UNDER ANOTHER NAME?