Has anybody else noticed the subtle changes in the Sustainer

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the changes that have started to appear in our beloved Corps Rag? The main one being the last page which includes some posts from this forum?

I think they drained the formaldhyde(?) out of the last editor and replaced him with someone with a pulse.

Still a fantastic read, if you like big trucks though.

If you think the Stainer is arrse and full of trucks then write some exciting non truck articles.

Although it is still bobbins.

Maybe 11 EOD should write an article on the super DAF 45 and other wonderous vehicles to make all the drivers jealous.

After all they all travel faster than the usual snails pace permitted in green fleet. :lol:

I used to love those old postcards.

I didn't realise you were supposed to read the words.

I thought you were only meant to look at the pictures to see if you could spot anybody who wasn't a tank transporter. (easier nowadays as they are mainly civvies).

Subtle changes in the spunkstainer? Well, part from shamelessly plagiarising threads from this very site, no. Its still shiite. I've always enjoyed the way that only officer and SNCO postings are shown. Nothing like engendering esprit de corps throughout the whole rank structure.

General Melchett said:
If you think the Stainer is arrse and full of trucks then write some exciting non truck articles.quote]

That would be nice although what are the odds of any exiting or funny articles making to it the final adition without being ruthlessly red penned by someone higher up than you.

Myself and a few others have tried to write good articles only to be told that they need to be more "Conservative", ie go and re-write them.

And while I am on the subjest does anyone else get annoyed by the Pte "Insert nickname only funny if you are in the room at time of writing" Smith school of naming people?

stoneybridge said:
General Melchett said:
If you think the Stainer is arrse and full of trucks then write some exciting non truck articles.quote]

That would be nice although what are the odds of any exiting or funny articles making to it the final adition without being ruthlessly red penned by someone higher up than you.

Myself and a few others have tried to write good articles only to be told that they need to be more "Conservative", ie go and re-write them.

And while I am on the subjest does anyone else get annoyed by the Pte "Insert nickname only funny if you are in the room at time of writing" Smith school of naming people?
You could post your articles on here.

Stoneybridge, who told you to be more conservative? The Stainer editor or someone in your chain of command?

Now if it was your chain of command sneak it past them and send it direct to the editor. It worked for me.

I'd also suggest carrying out a spell check before submitting articles, or posts on here for that matter too. :twisted:

It was my chain of command and I had never thought of sending things direct to the editor. I will bear that in mind in the future.

And as for spelling mistakes you have my most sincere apolagyes.