Has a Royal used your Loo?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by ploddinon, Jul 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone confirm if any Royal has ever used one of the freshly painted/decorated/installed with virginal seat bogs at a Visit. Just wondered as it could save quite a few bob if we know in advance they're never going to sit on a plebs throne.

2. Yep, I've had quite a few Royals use my loo. The bog definitely wasn't freshly painted or virginal.

I assume by Royal you mean the common vernacular for a Royal Marine and not a member of the Royal family?

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I spent a week driving HRH Prince Michael of Kent around last year while he visited us on exercise. It has just occurred to me that I didn't see him go to the bog once. Bearing in mind it was hot and we were drinking a lot of water each day, I was pissing every 5 minutes.

Maybe the Royal Family have been genetically altered to not defecate? It's the only possible explanation I can think of.

4. Heads surely?

5. Yep when Diana visited in NI and yes I have the Bog seat and yes I sniffed it.

6. No, but had a crap once in one of the royal loos at Balmoral. Does that count?

7. Of course, sir, my mistake. The Royals used the heads after going to the sick bay and then I offered them a wet from the galley before they went off to the ward room.

8. They were officers then Shipmate? ;-)

9. Aye, shippers, they were.

Morning men, starboard ten, round the buoy and back again ;-)

10. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Ah, Jackspeak, the finest tongue ever to be spake on this green earth.

12 clips, full foulies, safeguard. My ears have not heard such beautiful words since I was scuttling a kai toi down bugis street after a quick dash from Honky Fid, Harry Redders it was.

Anyway revert to damage control state 3 condition x-ray.

11. Yes.
    The Queen Mother used to have her own seat installed.
    Others not so fussy.

12. Bugis Street, now that brings back some memories and Honky Fid especially Lockhart Road and the Fleet club

13. The Queen has a leather covered loo seat which is installed pre visit, then the loo is guarded by plod to make sure any ex squaddies don't get in and curl one down, then it's taken away at end of visit!

14. The Queen Mother's last visit to Canada involved her visiting Fort York Armouries and opening the new regimental museum for the Toronto Scottish there as well as lunch with the Regiment's Officers and Senior NCOs.

One of the washrooms convenient to the Officers Mess was cleaned and then secured/sealed prior to the event. I was part of the Regiment liasion with the assorted Brits, RCMP etc in charge of security and had to oversea said security measures for the throne in question.

She never did use it.

15. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I once took a wagon from Northolt to Glasgow and picked up some royal furniture for the Royal Flight Jets
    Included so I was told was the Royal Privvy

I like to feel I've done my bit for Prince Andrews golfing trips