Has 275 Railway Squadron been disbanded?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by berob91, Feb 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a general query really. Have they gone?
  2. Not yet. But....
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

its all going TA from the conversations I had with a couple of lads at cirencester a while back.
  4. Ah, so they do still kick about? Excellent. I knew 79 was disbanded last year.
  5. That's all they do, don't mention work on a training weekend.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Well I want to go back into uniform and it would be a job I would do. Any info on them?
  7. Would that be the recruiting cell that closed last year? I can see that your finger is well and truly on the pulse.

As to 275 Sqn, their future will be announced definitively whenever the FR20 stuff comes out, or so the RHQ cleaner assures me, but given that their Regular bretheren were disbanded, you can see the direction of travel. Alternately, ask OC (OIC?) 275. You may find he already knows, but is still respecting OPSEC.
  8. The railway children are still about, just not independent any more. They're now part of 165 Port. Go via the 165 RRMT.
  9. Binning the reg capability shouldn't automatically indicate a death sentence for the reservist capability. Surely this is exactly the sort of capability that should be kept ticking over in the reserves should we ever need to run a "steel ribbon of freedom" (as in Kosovo) again. (Oh, as well as adding a rail understanding into our regular officer education - perhaps in a long transport cse?)
  10. Not knowing anything about this unit,do they do main line driving or yards and depots only?
  11. I'm told by an ex-member that "it is just like being on the real railway except you have to do as you're told"
  12. The regulars understanding how to work with and make the most of the reserve?!?!

13. Or should it be the other way around? Aren't the Regulars the main event with the TA as the optional support act?
  14. Do they drive Deltics?
    • Like Like x 1