Harry's Arctic Heroes now on BBC1 Ep. 2

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by viceroy, Aug 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Prince Harry joins four British soldiers in their attempt to make the first unsupported trek to the North Pole by wounded servicemen, on a charity expedition that has garnered support from everyone from photographer David Bailey to the prime minister.
    After weather delays the team arrive on the ice cap, dropped by helicopter 160 miles from the geographic North Pole. In temperatures that can dip below -50 degrees centigrade they must navigate massive pressure ridges, boulder fields and open water leads, pulling everything they need behind them in 100 kilogram 'pulks', or sledges. The Arctic tests their complex injuries to the limit, providing a stunning backdrop to the soldiers' much longer journey of physical and psychological recovery from their life-changing injuries.
    With unprecedented documentary access to Prince Harry, the programme reveals a prince willing to literally pull his own weight, passionate about the cause of Britain's wounded soldiers - and vulnerable to frost nip.

2. Worthy, but dull.

3. Its a harsh environment when you are able bodied, its incredible what they are attempting. Dull? whats interesting about 5 blokes camping in the cold, of course its dull, its just a tad more than cold?

4. I'm sure it's far more interesting than the utter bollocks that I've had to sit through for the last hour instead- fecking panto dwarves! If this is what passes for entertainment nowadays then... *rambles incoherently, before harrumphing loudly and falling asleep beneath the Telegraph*

5. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

dont agree with you KofB

4 young lads all injured, 2 of them Para regt, balls of steel, Quote (Capt Martin Hewitt 1st bn The Parachute regt SFSG) You adapt and overcome.No matter what. A GREAT journey and a wonderful inspiration.

• Like Like x 4
  6. I hope all the whingers who have 6 months off work with an ingrown toenail watched this and then get off their arses

• Like Like x 2
  7. Not going to get uppity about cap badge here Great effort by all.

I hope some of the scroungers on benefits claiming they have a bad back and cant work seen the program and realize if guys missing arms and legs etc can tab to the North pole they could at least answer a phone or work a till.

• Like Like x 2

8. They don't want to. With their self entitlement and thoughts that the world owes them a life of benefits, the status will never change, unless we get a leader with balls and slashes benefits and put back in place for what it once was, a safety net, not a lifestyle choice.

We could have the cleanest towns in Europe, make young fit people and anyone else who can, work for their benefits.

Yes i have claimed over 20 year ago and what a humiliating miserable thing to do it is too. I didn't claim for long because i wanted and needed work so strived to find it and i got it. Even moving 250 miles to do it. When i see or read people who say they cannot find work, they are nothing but fucking lazy idle bastards.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Here here fcuking spot on A worker

10. Brilliant stuff. Not dull at all.

The Prince showed his true colours when he said he was returning home not only for his mil commitments but that he didn't want to take anything away from the team for him being there at the end. Good one Sir.

I really must sort out some housework and get rid of all the dust in the living room though.

11. I was utterly impressed by the lads, having done some arctic exercises myself I can only begin to imagine how hard it would have been for them.
    It wasn't much in the way of an action feature, but I would certainly not call it dull.

12. It would have been a fucking sight livelier if the bears had realised that Harry went to Eton.

13. Harry's disability? He's a ginger.

14. My injury is very similar to the one suffered by Captain Martin Hewitt. I struggle when it gets a bit damp, or someone has a window open on the train during winter. I then start bleating like a jessie and demand hot drinks and blankets from the wife (..and so far, it seems to work :thumright::thumright:) I can only imagine the pain and discomfort he must have had in the Arctic! I would have been crying like a bitch, all day, every day.

Balls of Steel and Titanium willpower, all of them. :salut::salut:

15. Dull? Not one bit, I found it most humbling to see what these guys achieved.

With the media in this country calling anybody who got a medal at knitting in the world champs a hero, some people in the country need to take a seriosuly strong look at our society.

• Like Like x 1