Harry - which regiment?

Now that he's a fully qualified Apache pilot, does he automatically get transferred to the AAC, or does he stay HCav?

Someone asked me earlier, and I had no idea what the answer was!

I imagine like any other officer who has done an attachment he will remain a HCav Officer but will wear his pilot wings and serve for a few years with the AAC?

No idea - that's why I was asking!!!

Personally I think it's odd you can be "attached" to the AAC, but can understand the reasoning(ish).

He may very well transfer. As the AAC offers him the chance to serve in a war/useful capacity. HCR does not.

Also all OR Pilots are badged AAC on completion of the course, I think officers get the choice to swoop in if they so desire.

He may very well transfer. As the AAC offers him the chance to serve in a war/useful capacity. HCR does not.

Also all OR Pilots are badged AAC on completion of the course, I think officers get the choice to swoop in if they so desire.
Steady on old chap!

From AAC Careers, the following:

• Officer Assignment from another Regiment or Corps:
There is also the opportunity for officers from any regiment or corps to volunteer for a tour with the AAC. You must have completed two years of commissioned service and be on the Army Pilots Course by the age of 30. Officers may apply for a transfer into the AAC during their flying tour. Those officers who do not wish to apply or are not accepted for transfer will return to their parent unit or corps.

• Non-Commissioned Officer:
Any soldier with the minimum rank of Lance Corporal, recommended and qualified for promotion to Corporal, with at least four years service, may apply for the Army Pilots Course. Selection procedures are the same as those for officers. Soldiers not already holding the rank of Acting Sergeant will be promoted to this rank and re-badge AAC on the award of their Army Flying Wings, following Conversion to Type training.

So it looks like he'll be HCav then.

VMT

Isn't Wills more crab than Army now (not to mention his little stine with the Andy).

Yes. Have any Royals activley served peacetime or not in anything other than the Household Div ?

LT.
Er -Andrew.................................