Harry Tells the Brass to Hoop It.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The BBC announced this morning that Prince Harry has said he intends to resign his commission if he was prevented from being deployed to Iraq like any other offr.

Last September he said, "There's no way I'm going to put myself through Sandhurst and then sit on my arse back home while my boys are out fighting for their country."

I'm chuffed, though not surprised, to see that he's showing more bollocks than any of the slimeballs in the government.
Wonder if he's been taking diplomacy lessons from Phil the Greek ?

The boy is starting to go up in my estimation. Cannot help but feel a bit sorry for his tprs though.

Although I think his role-model is Harry Flashman.

Well done Harry........I mean Sir!

Good on you for sticking up for the way it should be done. Lead from the front, not the arrse :twisted: :twisted:

Harry demonstrating his willingness for a scrap doesn't surprise me, he is after all the family chav.

As a Family they don't seem to scare easily. Phillip, although a verbal hand grenade, showed his metal in the Second World War and Andrew during the Falklands.

Good luck to him, I don't think they'll be too many willing to stand in his way.

Eh?

Harry, 21, was commissioned earlier this month as a second lieutenant in the Household Cavalry's Blues and Royals, the Army's oldest and most senior regiment.
It is? I don't mind the redtops getting it wrong - it's what they do best, after all, but this nonsense was found on the MoD Oracle website!

Bravo2nothing said:
Harry demonstrating his willingness for a scrap doesn't surprise me, he is after all the family chav.

As a Family they don't seem to scare easily. Phillip, although a verbal hand grenade, showed his metal in the Second World War
They say he would have been a career sailor if it wasnt for marrying HRH - apparently there were big things in store for him (would have ended up being an admiral kind of thing)

Saw some footage of him marrying the Queen the other day and thought it was amusing that she married a lowly Lt!

He joined up and should be treated just like any other officers despite his royalty its a job at the end of the day so good on you Sir Harry!!

Im sure he was aware that he would never be allowed to part-take in any front line activities before he signed up and it must have been discussed beforehand. I think it is quite petulant to say" I want to go here or there and if I cant then i'm off". Thats not on and might be considered behaviour unbecoming of an Offficer! However I do admire the fact that he hoined up at all and is more importantly willing to serve with his troops.

rach-ni said:
They say he would have been a career sailor if it wasnt for marrying HRH - apparently there were big things in store for him (would have ended up being an admiral kind of thing)
Several of the older generation of royals were career sailors.

Harry's great gand dad started as a sailor and didn't expect to be King. Served in a Battleship at Jutland.
Harry's Great grand Uncle Louis Moutbatten - another career sailor whose father was First Sea Lord.

We would have a far more sinsible defence and foreign policies if our politicians sent their children into the armed forces.

Skinn_Full said:
Im sure he was aware that he would never be allowed to part-take in any front line activities before he signed up and it must have been discussed beforehand. I think it is quite petulant to say" I want to go here or there and if I cant then i'm off". Thats not on and might be considered behaviour unbecoming of an Offficer! However I do admire the fact that he hoined up at all and is more importantly willing to serve with his troops.
Not sure I agree with your assessment. If wanting to lead your men and set an example is behaviour that could be construed as 'unbecoming', then what on earth did his Uncle do? To suggest otherwise is duplicitous and contradictory of the motto 'serve to lead'.

Skinn_Full said:
But surely that would have applied to Prince Andrew as well.I mean,He flew SAR & other sorties in the Falklands war. Did'nt he off load Soldiers & Sailors from a stricken warship in the conflict? That proved to a lot of sceptics that he was a 'real' Sailor & not a token one.
Spike

Skinn_Full said:
There is no 'official' policy to keep the royals out of the firing line. If there was, Sandhurst would be a waste of time for any of them, they'd never earn the respect of anyone, no matter how good they were. If there is an unofficial policy to do the same (as there may well be), then Harry has a good chance of changing it by putting his foot down and upsetting a few bureaucrats.

It took character to join up in the first place and it takes character to upset the apple cart. I like him more all the time.

If this were true, which it probably isn't and if it were worthy of comment, which is probably isn't then I would have to say "Let him go. Royals should be seen as leaders and part of the national life in every context. Damn it the Huns bombed his granny's house in '39-45 and his dad impressed the french so much they gave him a gong in the same show. The Royals are not celebrities or weak kneed politicians and they do not need to be protected from real life but to embrace it. George VI was "spare" and he was allowed to do everything, everything that a wheezy boy with a note from matron could manage anyway, and he turned out alright. Whereas poor old Eddie VIII got mollycoddled at GHQ, was awarded a pretty spurious MC and ended up (allegedly) dressed in a nappy taking it up the poop shoot from Wallis simpson in a strap-on. So on balance, for his good, the country's good and the royal family's good he should be posted when his unit is posted and that should be the long and the short of it."

Yes, that's probably what I would say, if I could be arrsed...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Cuddles said:
If this were true, which it probably isn't and if it were worthy of comment, which is probably isn't then I would have to say "Let him go. Royals should be seen as leaders and part of the national life in every context. Damn it the Huns bombed his granny's house in '39-45 and his dad impressed the french so much they gave him a gong in the same show. The Royals are not celebrities or weak kneed politicians and they do not need to be protected from real life but to embrace it. George VI was "spare" and he was allowed to do everything, everything that a wheezy boy with a note from matron could manage anyway, and he turned out alright. Whereas poor old Eddie VIII got mollycoddled at GHQ, was awarded a pretty spurious MC and ended up (allegedly) dressed in a nappy taking it up the poop shoot from Wallis simpson in a strap-on. So on balance, for his good, the country's good and the royal family's good he should be posted when his unit is posted and that should be the long and the short of it."

Yes, that's probably what I would say, if I could be arrsed...
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=654116.html#654116
Cuddles said:

Yes, cuddles is p1ssy today...no tomorrow doesn't look good and I am not taking bookings for Tuesday...
You're not kidding are you ?