Harry Tells the Brass to Hoop It.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cutaway, Apr 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

The BBC announced this morning that Prince Harry has said he intends to resign his commission if he was prevented from being deployed to Iraq like any other offr.

Last September he said, "There's no way I'm going to put myself through Sandhurst and then sit on my arse back home while my boys are out fighting for their country."

I'm chuffed, though not surprised, to see that he's showing more bollocks than any of the slimeballs in the government.
    Wonder if he's been taking diplomacy lessons from Phil the Greek ?
  2. The boy is starting to go up in my estimation. Cannot help but feel a bit sorry for his tprs though.

Although I think his role-model is Harry Flashman.
  3. Well done Harry........I mean Sir!

Good on you for sticking up for the way it should be done. Lead from the front, not the arrse :twisted: :twisted:
  4. Harry demonstrating his willingness for a scrap doesn't surprise me, he is after all the family chav.

As a Family they don't seem to scare easily. Phillip, although a verbal hand grenade, showed his metal in the Second World War and Andrew during the Falklands.

Good luck to him, I don't think they'll be too many willing to stand in his way.
  5. Bravo2nothing wrote:
    He is quality though.
  6. Totally agree! Quite the media spin doctor. Alistar C should take notes!
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Good on you,Sir. (At least he has a bigger pair than Edward!)
  8. Eh?

It is? I don't mind the redtops getting it wrong - it's what they do best, after all, but this nonsense was found on the MoD Oracle website!
  9. And how long after he gets there does he regret it :?:
  10. They say he would have been a career sailor if it wasnt for marrying HRH - apparently there were big things in store for him (would have ended up being an admiral kind of thing)

Saw some footage of him marrying the Queen the other day and thought it was amusing that she married a lowly Lt!
  11. He joined up and should be treated just like any other officers despite his royalty its a job at the end of the day so good on you Sir Harry!!
  12. Im sure he was aware that he would never be allowed to part-take in any front line activities before he signed up and it must have been discussed beforehand. I think it is quite petulant to say" I want to go here or there and if I cant then i'm off". Thats not on and might be considered behaviour unbecoming of an Offficer! However I do admire the fact that he hoined up at all and is more importantly willing to serve with his troops.
  13. Several of the older generation of royals were career sailors.

Harry's great gand dad started as a sailor and didn't expect to be King. Served in a Battleship at Jutland.
    Harry's Great grand Uncle Louis Moutbatten - another career sailor whose father was First Sea Lord.

We would have a far more sinsible defence and foreign policies if our politicians sent their children into the armed forces.
  14. Good show that man!
  15. Not sure I agree with your assessment. If wanting to lead your men and set an example is behaviour that could be construed as 'unbecoming', then what on earth did his Uncle do? To suggest otherwise is duplicitous and contradictory of the motto 'serve to lead'.