Harry Patchs Funeral

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Aug 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On BBC news Channel now, a wonderfull turnout for Mr Patch RIP

2. British,French ,German, Australian and Canadian uniforms seem to be in the bearer party

3. German??!?!

4. R.I.P. Harry
    WHERE HAVE ALL THE FLOWERS GONE chosen by Harry's grandson just's sums it all up .

5. Yes German. The theme he wanted is reconciliation

6. If I heard it correctly on the news this morning, the German presence was at Harry's request. Reconciliation and all that...

Fair enough, if you ask me.

7. My dad knew Harry, and took me to meet him once. Was a couple of years ago now.

He was of course very frail and had trouble holding his head up; speaking was clearly a considerable effort. However, his eyesight was fine (he recognised my dad at some distance across the room) and when I made the mistake of assuming he was hard at hearing he upbraided me gently: 'You don't have to shout, I'm not deaf!'

8. It's moving, very moving.

9. I was hoping to be able to watch it on the BBC website but its not working....

10. It was his party....

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I was travelling last week so missed the Arrse condolences thread - but for what it's worth:

Rest In Peace Mr Patch - and thanks. Hope your old muckers are there to meet you.

Lee Shaver

12. Saw a bit of it on the lunchtime news, the BBC journalist had to be told to stop talking during the silence

13. A dignified service but I couldn't help thinking that the friend of his with the beard came over all 'happy clapperish' during the eulogy.

14. But he wasn't clapping and being a grief whore

15. RIP Mr Patch!