Harry Patch Honoured

Indeed good news

Harry Patch said:
"Ambassador, I greatly appreciate the way your people respect the memory of those who fell, irrespective of the uniform they wore.

"I will wear this medal with great pride and when I eventually rejoin my mates it will be displayed in my regimental museum as a permanent reminder of the kindness of the people of France."

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer
Funny people the French.
Just as you get used to disliking them they go and do something really nice like this.

Congratulations Mr Patch, you earned it.

LancePrivateJones said:
Funny people the French.
Just as you get used to disliking them they go and do something really nice like this.

What he said.

A well deserved honour to an old soldier, well done sir, glad to hear he hasn't lost the ability to recall dirty stories and rhymes that some of us might know, great sense of humour still, Brilliant.!

I thought this was some mindless thread about Potter and Co, until I clicked on it.

A marvellous,truly marvellous fella! He more than deserves each and every award he receives. My respects to the Froggie wallahs who engineered the award to a most deserving man. I hope he goes on forever!

MsG

Congratulations Mr. Patch. Can we ever show our gratitude enough to a man who serves as a reminder of a genration that gave their lives for ours? And one day, hopefully not too soon this honour will be for all to see in his Regimental Museum, I for one will travel far to see it.

LancePrivateJones said:
Funny people the French.

The French are abit like the next door neighbour who you dislike and are at permanant war with over your boundary.... every now and then they really come through for you...

and thank you Mr Patch...

PE4rocks said:
LancePrivateJones said:
Funny people the French.

What he said.
Seconded.

Exactly, when is our MOD going to Honour this Old Soldier. A CBE now and a State Funeral come the day should be the very least. Perhaps those who understand these things could launch an E Petition.

Well Sir Harry.

M8s

Bloody well done the French . . . it should be Sir Harry!

Better than Sir Kennedy . . . . .

Oops Broon you got it wrong again . . . even IF you did visit NI this morning!

I am impressed for once the French have done some thing right. Good luck Sir I hope you live long to enjoy it.

Harry Patch said:
"Ambassador, I greatly appreciate the way your people respect the memory of those who fell, irrespective of the uniform they wore.

"I will wear this medal with great pride and when I eventually rejoin my mates it will be displayed in my regimental museum as a permanent reminder of the kindness of the people of France."
[/quote]

The grace and the manners of this statement exemplify the difference between the gentleman concerned, and the clamorous shrieking of the non-entities in today's 'Bliar Sh*t-Hole Society'. A pox on Bliar, his wife and political successors.

I salute, with every sincerity, His Excellency The Ambassador of the Republic of France. For a man of that prominence to attend to such a wonderful ceremony, to honour a gallant old gentleman of no 'political' consequence, shows a degree of understanding, so little comprehended by the fools and self-seekers currently representing us.

PS: In France he is their equivalent of 'Sir Harry' - quite right too.

PPS: Anyone know if the 'filth' pretending to govern this country at present, are reciprocating? No. I thought they would not be! They will though, if they think there is a vote in it.

See the monocular one dashing off to Antrim today? Cynical or what?

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Mr Patch doesnt want a state funeral. He thoroughly deserves one but if its not his wish then that is the end of the matter.

Mr Patch is a national treasure and should be recognised as such. Sir Harry Patch would be appropriate.